[Civ2] GOTM score and rules

catalin72

Prince
1.I searched again formula for GOTM score,but with new design of the site I can't see.Somebody can post again this formula?
2.A friend played for the first time GOTM,GOTM196 without to know all rules,saves and more,game was finished but he have just 2 saves,last turns.In rules about a city made in a hill with mine to increase production I don't see,he used.Can submit this game with just 2 saves and with few cities in mines?
Thanks.

1. Couldn't find it either, this new design definitely was not favorable for us, most of the recent scores are gone as well. I remember it being quite complex without using i. ;)
2. About the saves, I don't mind. We should be grateful for everyone who participates. About the mines there should be no problem. I think you mean he started mining with one settler, then founded the city with another settler and eventually got the production boost from the mine? That is just what I have done a few times already. If you build the mine first and then the city, the mine is demolished, if you found the city first, you cannot build the mine, so doing the found-city-while-mining is not a cheat, it's a smart move.

1. Couldn't find it either, this new design definitely was not favorable for us, most of the recent scores are gone as well. I remember it being quite complex without using i. ;)
2. About the saves, I don't mind. We should be grateful for everyone who participates. About the mines there should be no problem. I think you mean he started mining with one settler, then founded the city with another settler and eventually got the production boost from the mine? That is just what I have done a few times already. If you build the mine first and then the city, the mine is demolished, if you found the city first, you cannot build the mine, so doing the found-city-while-mining is not a cheat, it's a smart move.
1.I hope that the results for old GOTM's still are in a file of somebody:),I have few played and results nowhere...Maybe Ali or Magic will post about score formula,Ali in an old reply for me said how need a new turn to increase the score to be a positive turn.
2.Yes,that trick with settler starting the mine and other building city was used.

Major is correct. City-on-a-mined hill trick is allowed.

I found the page for rules and the formula. But the formula was displayed as a picture and the the picture is missing. I am sure Magic can dig it up the spreadsheet if anyone is interested.
The rule of thumb is this: if you are wondering whether to finish the game this year or wait a few more turns to increase your score (build some wonders, population growth, ...) then you better be increasing your score by about 2% per turn. If you cannot, then your GOTM score will actually go down by postponing the win. Note that if your raw score is low (say 400) then 2% is easy (8 points) but if your score is high (say 2000) then it is more difficult (40 points).

Sorry for the long absence (due to health issues). I've added the original spreadsheet with the scoring formula. Right now we use a slightly altered one (to easier transform the results to cfc). The original should be easier to use.

The resultfiles of the oldest gotm games (1-92) are gone (happened >5 years ago). The newer ones (93 - present) are still available. Because of the changed website I'm still adding those files to cfc. Just check the archives now and then to see if they are added.

Attachments

• GOTM_score.xls
    84 KB · Views: 221
Sorry for the long absence (due to health issues). I've added the original spreadsheet with the scoring formula. Right now we use a slightly altered one (to easier transform the results to cfc). The original should be easier to use.

The resultfiles of the oldest gotm games (1-92) are gone (happened >5 years ago). The newer ones (93 - present) are still available. Because of the changed website I'm still adding those files to cfc. Just check the archives now and then to see if they are added.
Hello,from 159 to 173 are some chances? I have saves sent for:173,172,171,170,169,163,161.

Hello,from 159 to 173 are some chances? I have saves sent for:173,172,171,170,169,163,161.

Hi, the downloadpage, resultpage and files of gotm 159-173 were removed accidently when cfc changed the website. However the files are still in my possesion. Of course I make a new downloadpage and resultpage for all of them.

Right now I still need to add the original files (savefiles, starting file, screenshot) from 141-150. Also change the downloadpage and resultpage of them too. Then I will do the same for 151-158. Then I start with 159-173.

I've done 93-140 already. Bad thing this is a bit time consuming. So it will take a while to catch up.

Top Bottom