GOTM13 received QSC submissions

cracker

Gil Favor's Sidekick
This is a list of the QSC submissions that I have received for the GOTM13 game as of December 4th - 1200 noon MST-USA;

(submissions are officially closed for this Qsc13 but GOTM14 will also have a Qsc14 submission)

New Submissions Added

Propain
drewshark
[pnp]dredd
hotrod0823
DaveMcW
Ronald

Alphabetical list of all submissions to date
ase (note: if this is not your correct CFC userid please email or PM me)
Col
Cruise
DaveMcW
drewshark
ducki
GnikDrazil
hotrod0823
man_of_kent
moonsinger
[pnp]dredd
pygzilla
skyfish
phillip_martin
Propain
pterrok
Quokka
Ronald
shaderazor
zagnut

--------
I will try to update things every couple of days so you know your submissions have been received.

I will list new submissions separately at the top and then a complete alphabetical list of all submission to date, so it will hopefully be easy for you to locate your status.

I have not opened or loaded all the files to verify content so please hold onto your save files until at least after the results get posted just in case I need anything from you.

PLEASE DO NOT POST TIMELINES or SAVE FILES HERE as we need to make an effort to keep this thread clean of any spoilers.

If your game is missing or if you need to correct the spelling of you "name" as you want it to appear in the results table please email that info to:

quick_start@civfanatics.net

Hi cracker,

Since I was not on the list, I resent my qsc timelog and game. Did you receive it?

Ronald

im worried about my submission.... i hope it went through.... even though i lost :(

Overlag : did you submit a save of your game at 1000BC or did you submit your finished (lost) game ?
This is about the Quick Start Challenge so even if you lost the game in the end, it does not matter for the QSC (which is : evaluation of your start so between 4000BC and 1000BC).
Maybe you are talking about your GOTM submission in which case, it's normal that cracker has not received it...

My apologies to all players for being slow on getting the QSC summary results up for everyone to review, but in the middle of compiling the results last week I mad the stupid decision to test install a PTW disk and got an inadvertent side effect that screwed up some of the file compression software for save games. (you don't really want to know how big the mess was. :cry: :cry: )

The main problem has been fixed and I am getting the final save files fixed today (12/4) to hopefully have the results very quickly.

Bear with me a few more days while a finish cleanning up this mess.

bork,

you have totally disabled PMs and email and this makes it pretty tough to communicate with you. At least enable Private Messages (PMs) and life will get easier.

PM me when you get that fixed and hopefully we'll still have time to catch up your results.

NOTE to bork:

I converted your extra post directed to me into a Private Message to help get your game submission resolved.

Note to bork (again): Try and use the PM function for small one-liner messages that really should go to only one person. Things like "did you get it?" and "Am I in?" will serve you best in a Private Message. You can access your private message box from your user control panel or the very bottom of the main forums menu.

Cracker: Please go on with the QSC results without my game. My computer is currently under repair. I cann't boot it up any more, not even from the floopy disk. I think the motherboard is fried. I just ordered a brand new case* and the replacement motherboard for it. In the mean time, no computer game for a week. Oh well, I just have to spend more time at the shopping mall.:)

*This is the new case that I just ordered. What do you guys think? It would definitely solve the heat problem in my system. I got a dual PIII 1Gigs processors; therefore, it generates twice as much heat.

Moonsinger,

Wow for your future case and double wow for your dual PIII. Hey did you ever considered the water cooling system foundhere ?

On topic: Cracker, I hope you weren't expecting my qsc 'cause i'm not sending it incomplete.

Originally posted by Yndy
Wow for your future case and double wow for your dual PIII. Hey did you ever considered the water cooling system foundhere ?

Those water cooling system costs too much. After a long day at work (I'm really sick of looking at the computer), I just need a decent system at home to game for about an hour each day. Therefore, I don't really need anything fancy.:)

Just updating everyone that results of Qsc13 are almost ready to post. We just a few more formatting tasks to complete this weekend.

I want to apologize in advance for havaing this process take too long due to the number of file compression problems we encountered. I felt it was important to make a major effort to include everyone who took the challenge to carefully track their opening moves in this game.

I will open a seperate results discussion thread and close this one as soon as results are available.

cracker,

Thanks again for this interesting initiative. I am already very curious about the results.

Ronald

Ronaldzuma of the Aztecs,

You a are vicious, slavekeeping warmonger and all your neighbors hate you. Sheep, goats, and women fear you the world over. Be prepared to defend your warlike tendencies or any army of conquistadors will be dispatched to cleanse the new world of your scourge.

Results are expected shortly and we shall see if you are just as evil as all the other "_____zumas" or if any peaceful behavior can ever be expected from a race of cannibals such as the Aztecs.

;) ;) ;)

Good luck in GOTM14 and/or Qsc14.

Hi cracker,

what did you expect? a happy builders game with the russians and the persians as next door neighbours?
Slavekeeping (buying workers whenever you can) is one of the most powerful tactics since workers are soooo cheap to buy, slow down your opponents and speed up your infrastructure. I'm sure most of the good players are buying all available workers during the early game.
I did not have time enough to finish this GOTM, but it was quite easy to conquer the home continent and the smaller one nearby. As far as I played I had no contacts with the civs far away, so my reputation would have been spotless at encounter :)

Thanks for the good luck wishes for QSC 14, that's really what I need at deity with this starting position.

Ronald

Top Bottom