Governor unit

Victorvanwavere

Warlord
I was thinking of a new game unit – a Governor.
You might get different types that specialize in different fields.

For the most part, they will slowly gain experience like adepts.
When they gain experience, you could improve one of the following:
- 5 less crime rate
- 5% science
- 5% gold
- 5% culture
- 5% hammers
- 5% less maintenance
- 5% GP
- 5% unit prod

They might be for hire, randomly show up, or could be captured.
Or possibly convert a GP into a governor. Depending on the GP, your governor will have different traits, and some random.

Only one per city, in a 10+ city. They will cost you a lot of upkeep, so expensive to have in the beginning, but will become very useful once they reach lvl 6+

Your thoughts on a governor unit?

thats a neat idea

a more diverse and expanded promotion tree would be fun, even if its separate

edit added:
im thinking the promotions could be promotions, but that theyd do nothing alone.

instead, the governor unit would level up to get the promotions, and have a single spell they cast to make several buildings in the city that gives the effects. i might try modding that..

edit added:
after trying it out a bit i have to say the best way to implement it makes it really similar to city buff spells like Hope, and at that point it seems better to just make more spells of that sort. in some ways what youre suggesting is like a Royal Guard (they get the Hope Spell) but more in depth.

More management for no reason, IMO. It will not change strategy much. Economical system is enough sophisticated already. We need more roleplay. :D

But as additional city interface may be nice. Existing interface is not enough flexible, spell mechanism is better.

Seems interesting, but probably more trouble that its worth. Too hard to code everything, and would likely add too much micromanagement.

What if it was added to the city like a building and as the city grows you are prompted to upgrade the governor at a cost.

So at a city of 6 you are prompted if a governor (or maybe starts as a mayor, or town leader) should be appointed. Then as the city reaches 10 this is upgraded at a cost. etc etc...

It would be good just as long as there was little or no management.

There could also be several random events that are associated with this.

This might be nice as a Kuriotates specific mechanic, since they're probably the best representatives of enlightened urbanism in the game.

sounds like a cool idea.

It's a nice flavour idea but I agree with the comments that it would add undesirable micromanagement as a building, spell or unit. I think it could be quite nice as an event - "your city's recently appointed governor has turned out to be incredibly talented at being efficient/controlling crime/promoting trade or the arts or military achievement/etc, would you like to pay him more to fully extend his abilities?" with certain size dependencies. I'd also throw in the possibility of the governor becoming corrupt (to provide a drawback) and needing to be assassinated, or just being assassinated anyway, with the result being unhappiness or even a short revolt.
Obviously more advantages and disadvantages would need to be developed but I think it could add some nice flavour without too much interruption/micro for the player.

Top Bottom