Goz -10 Slow Motion is our Potion

WackenOpenAir said:
The 2 unit thing is up to you to decide :)

Thanks a lot :gripe:

I don't really know, it will be a mess by counting towns and units all over the place. Do we want to have fun and just play "normally" from now on or do we stick to the rules until we have 20 cities and then let go.

I want to to hear what the team thinks.

If we want to keep our reputation, we should attack after 18 turns. Monarchy takes 20 now, probably we will get it before 18 turns from now. So that would fit properly but take a while and a lot of research investment. It would make a well timed GA.

I prefer to keep our reputation clean and I'm sure we can get Monarchy before 20 turns. I'm fine with the 18 turns until we go for it and by then we would (hopefully) have enough strength.

I think that having started a variant (however daft :crazyeye: ) we ought to stick with it. It will be quite tricky to maintain 2 defenders in 20 towns, but that is rather the point isn't it? Flipping English towns filled with elite MWs may try patience with this variant, but still I think we ought to persevere.

Well, this decision doesn't affect my turns. Gozpel agrees with researching, i hope the rest does so as well, than that is what i will start my 5 turns with now.

Well, I AM daft and couldn't come up with a good variant from the start :lol:

Ok then, we stick to it, until we have to 20 towns and then we let go. A soon as we hit that mark, we can leave towns empty if we wish and so on and just play as a normal game. But remember we have the worker rule too, for a new city we will need workers to cover the city count :lol: :banana:

That's why I asked...and does slaves count as "workers", or do we need 2 slaves to equal one of ours :confused:

I wonder if we could buy Monarchy some time soon or is research the best way to go? We definitely want to be in a diff gov when we strike, mostly because of Wacken's comment about a well timed GA.

Turn0:
I set science to 100%
(btw, we must go on with the variant else it would be rediculous to go for monarchy...:))
I swich the temple in OilSprings to spearman. Temples are useless.

Turn1:
I start mining some irrigated tiles. Will be a while before we have construction and monarchy to benefit from irrigation.

Turn2:
Some MW's complete, i start a settler in NFalls because it can't grow past size 6 anyway.
MM NFalls to 10 spt.

Turn3:
Our research time for monarchy is dropping drastically. So does our gold deficit.
An english settler pair seems to be heading to the area between Oil Springs and Tonawanda. I block it's road.

Turn4:
Not much.

Turn5:
We lost our supply of Iron.

Watch out for the english settler, keep blocking it.
Our unit support is rising steadily, but keep faith and keep building those MW's We want a good force to roll over england quickly. Once we reach monarchy and a lethal force to take england down, the sun will start shining.

Five turns coming up.

Dance with Liz, keep the bunsen burners lit and round up some more spotted ponies.

stick with the rules, that are every town = 2 defenders + worker. Else, no point to play

OK, goz, how do you feel about 5 turns of anarchy? I can buy Monarchy from Theo for Wines and some change, and since she controls the coastline to our west I have little fear of a busted trade route.

But since I am only two turns from completing five I thought I'd give you a chance to comment.

Or I could just buy it and play the anarchy turns.

Go for it and play an even 10 if you have to :)

Then the first of our goals are achieved.

S'right.

Since we have 16 mounties ready to rock on England I'm going to let the horse deal go too when it comes up.

goz said:
There are 4 english towns just north of us, if we could take them in a blitz-attack we can probably sue for peace pretty quickly.

Ready to blitz, I think.

I am really tempted to mortgage the farm to buy Monarchy from Theo but I don't think there is enough in the kitty to do it and survive the anarchy, so I leave the deal alone for now.

So I go on makin' Mounties and dancing with The Lizard's lonely settler pair who finally goes away

The new friend with benefits gets a price reduction on Monarchy from the Lovely Lady to the North

A revoltin' development in 490BC as Lizzie gets to Monarchy the same time we do. There must have been some war in the north as Liz has gone stupid and poor on us. She and Toku are the only other nations still in the Ancient Age as she doesn't know Currency and Toku knows squat and neither have any money.

And so the anarchy begins, quietly. With three luxuries in the inventory life is good, or at least peaceful, and no one will starve, though Salamanca goes on short rations for a couple of turns of the wheel.

-More-

And from 410 until 350BC nothing, and I mean nothing, of any interest takes place.

Workers have finally reached the iron corner and can hook it up in just a couple of more turns. Meanwhile warriors are being trained to provide for some upgrade material. There are 16 Mounties in the depots.

A Plan of Campaign

I haven't seen anything stronger in Liz's arsenal than spears and warriors and her towns are all small.

:lol: I love your chronicles, Bede.

I have to see if we have enough to start the war within my turns. We need units to keep the quota. :)

calculator - check
diagram - check
spreadsheet - check
phone-number to Prof. Westlake at Tafe - check

Got it.

WackenOpenAir
Bede - Just played
gozpel - UP
Sir Bugsy - on deck
bed_head7
ThERat
Kaiser_Berger
grahamiam
Offa

Pre-turn - I can't start a war yet, we have 3 turns left on the lux to Hittites and they are on the other side of England.

Swap NF to settler.

Japan would give Currency for a couple of techs, I wait a turn so I can reneg on their incense.

After some thought, I won't risk getting the incense from Japan. The England war will mess it up, I only think Byz are the only civ we can trade with safely.

Get Currency from Japan then for CoL, Poly a some gold. Sell Lit to them for all their 39g.

Most civs knows the first 3 techs in MA.

290bc - The AI starts Sistine and Leo's.

No more dyes to Hittites, so I declare on England.

Capture 4 slaves and then take Coventry, we now have a catapult.

Sort through our cities as we are in GA.

Funny, we can still trade with Hittites :confused:

270bc - Take Canterbury without losses.

250bc - Take Brighton and Warwick, get some more slaves.
Fail to take Dover after killing 2 spears and an archer, still a warrior left.

Not much else to say. defend what we've got and see if we can anything for peace. And build some infra, I already started on that.

I forgot a screenie, can anyone help with that?

WackenOpenAir
Bede
gozpel - Just played
Sir Bugsy - UP
bed_head7 - on deck
ThERat
Kaiser_Berger
grahamiam
Offa

I have it. Since it is late, I'll play the five turns tomorrow evening. I'll also provide plenty of screenshots.

Finish off Dover before a peace treaty. I think.

Nice quick strike, goz.

make sure our rules are met while capturing towns

ThERat said:
make sure our rules are met while capturing towns

:wallbash:

You're right, I mucked up immediately. We have 15 towns now and only 13 native workers! But we have 10 slaves, I rule they count -> 2 slaves = one native? :mischief: :help: :thanx:

Hey, anyone here that don't sit enthralled, staring at the beauty of CIV4's grafix?

We could use another hand in Goz9, we are about 3.5 guys there now. And doing remarkably well :)

Top Bottom