Gpps & multiple cities

Merkill

Chieftain
How does great ppl points in multiple cities work ?

I have noticed that when i get a great person the bar for the next gets much longer in all cities so what is the point of generating gpps in more than 1 city ?

Can i time it and get 2 on the same turn ?

Every next GP gets more expensive than previous one. This is why after you popped one in one city, the time for the next one increases in all cities.

And no, you cant get 2 on the same turn (unless you have cities making 100+ GPP / Turn), because the moment you pop the first one, the GPP amount required for the next one will increase.

You can pop a free one from a tech and get a regulat one on the same turn tho - the "First to Tech" GP's are free and do not increase the cost of the next one.

...so what is the point of generating gpps in more than 1 city ?

Specialization. For example, you can set up city 1 to produce Great Scientist points, to get Great Scientists. Meanwhile, you can set up city 2 to get Great Artist points to get GAs. If you have it all commingled - you are not able to predict what kind of GP you will get.

How does great ppl points in multiple cities work ?

I have noticed that when i get a great person the bar for the next gets much longer in all cities so what is the point of generating gpps in more than 1 city ?

Can i time it and get 2 on the same turn ?

When one city creates a great person, it's counter goes back to zero, but the other cities stay the same until they create one themselves. So, the other cities will eventually create a great person, unless that first city creates an unbelievable amount of GPPs per turn.

If, as seems normal, one of your cities generates lots more GPPs than the others, then it is very unlikely that any Great Persons will spawn anywhere beyond your top 3 GPP producers. All GPPs generated in cities yielding few GPPs will be wasted; they simply will not accumulate fast enough to reach a trigger level before that level is attained by one of the good producers.
It is also the case that if two cities would attain a trigger level in the same turn, a Great Person will only spawn in whichever city appears earlier in your city list. The other must continue to gain GPPs until the next trigger level is reached.

Top Bottom