[Graphic Mod] Varietas Delectat v9.2 [civ specific unit sets]

What are with the Holy Roman Empire Units? Are there many new? I like this mod realy.

And also... Can I use some of the units in a mod from me? With credits of course.

Thank you,
Thure

PS: And one question. I can't found the modules/Varietas Delectat/art file. I have Windows 7. And the most other files are in the mod file. But this file i can't found. :confused:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=368808
Do you plan to include this unit in game? I think it'd make a much better modern carrier for the UK/English then the current ones, seeing as the current ones are pocket carriers really.

Avain has not been around for some time so I doubt he will be updating this mod again. But this is a good suggestion. You should head on over the the BUG subforum and ask Miss LemonMerchant is she could include it the BAT mod which is basically this great mod & the BUG mod combined....and she will be update BAT soon. :)

I'm in charge of the unit models for the next big BAT release, so please let me hear any suggestions. :)

I'm hoping to provide different variations, including a "lite" pack, and to incorporate elements of Chuggi's "Cultural Diversity", too, so that you can choose to play with realistic-looking units (Aztecs turning into Mexicans) or with fantasy units (what the Aztecs may have looked like if they'd developed gunpowder and weaponry themselves). However, late military units are by no means my strong point, so any help with that would be fantastic. :D

I'm in charge of the unit models for the next big BAT release, so please let me hear any suggestions. :)

I'm hoping to provide different variations, including a "lite" pack, and to incorporate elements of Chuggi's "Cultural Diversity", too, so that you can choose to play with realistic-looking units (Aztecs turning into Mexicans) or with fantasy units (what the Aztecs may have looked like if they'd developed gunpowder and weaponry themselves). However, late military units are by no means my strong point, so any help with that would be fantastic. :D

Hi NikNaks, does this mean you will create the units, or are you looking for suggestions which ones to use ?

You saying that late military units are not your stong point to me suggests that you intend to create new ones...

Hi NikNaks, does this mean you will create the units, or are you looking for suggestions which ones to use ?

A little of both. I'll be trying to fill any obvious gaps like, for instance, trying to create some more diverse early units for African civs. The only ones I can find are all clones of the Skirmisher or Impi. I'll also gladly take any new units.

You saying that late military units are not your stong point to me suggests that you intend to create new ones...

If anything, the opposite. I have really no idea which tanks or planes are/were used by whom, so I'll be relying entirely on Diversica and VD for those.

I was thinking about something that would improve on VD. My idea is that one could add my Paprika modcomp to this to enable modular unique building art independent from ubs. When I took a look at this, I couldn't find a dll, so adding Paprikas would be easy. Besides of this, some python might need to be merged (not sure though), that's it. A nice sideffect should be, that any VD module would still work with the updated VD main mod... At the moment, I'm too busy, but I could imagine to give this a shot. Would there be any interest?

And me please.

I'm still reworking the DLL at this point, but I'm in Ireland on personal business for the next week or so, so I probably won't get much done. :(

A little of both. I'll be trying to fill any obvious gaps like, for instance, trying to create some more diverse early units for African civs. The only ones I can find are all clones of the Skirmisher or Impi. I'll also gladly take any new units.

Well, Bakuel did a lot of units for the african civs. Berbers, Ethiopia and Mali up to the renaissance, Nubia up to medieval,
so you should have plenty of units to choose from.

Polycrates did the Zulu up to medieval

Check the WoC unit archive, they should all be there ;) Or my mod, I also included them, but Bakuel frequently has alternative units I did not use and you might want.

If anything, the opposite. I have really no idea which tanks or planes are/were used by whom, so I'll be relying entirely on Diversica and VD for those.

Didn't expect you to do tanks etc., as you said that is not your strong suit, just units in general.

For mechanic units, snafusmith is the go-to source, he released a bunch of units (relatively) recently, starting with a tank for every civ.

If you need links, PM me, I keep track of what units I included in Diversica in its history file, so I should have links for most unit sets. ;)

Well, Bakuel did a lot of units for the african civs. Berbers, Ethiopia and Mali up to the renaissance, Nubia up to medieval,
so you should have plenty of units to choose from.
Bakuel's work is nothing short of beautiful.

Check the WoC unit archive, they should all be there ;)
Can they be un-WoC'ed? BAT doesn't support WoC atm, and I don't really have any plans to make it support WoC in the future.

For mechanic units, snafusmith is the go-to source, he released a bunch of units (relatively) recently, starting with a tank for every civ.
Smitty's tank pack and other mech units are wonderful.. He's already given me permission to use them in BAT, so @Niknaks, that would be a definite place to go for any mechanized armour units that you want to use. I think he makes some authentic air units as well.

Both Bakuel and she snafusmith have released a lota of new units since avain's last update to VD

Can they be un-WoC'ed? BAT doesn't support WoC atm, and I don't really have any plans to make it support WoC in the future.

The archive is just units, organized by region, civ and era, so any mod can use them (provided you do the XML), it just was assembled by the WoC team.

I installed the blood effects with the mod, but I didn't mean to. Is it possible to remove them without disturbing the rest of the mod? I would like to just leave it and not have to reinstall the whole mod.

I have got a problem when I produce a russian attack submarine, when it is ready - I can`t place any promotions, so the game have a bug...

What is the reason, how I can change this problem?

Hello, I've been playing Civ and Varietas for a long time, and I've gotten a new laptop. But when I installed Varietas, something wierd happened. Whenever I exit to main menu in the game, it crashes. It didn't do this on my old computer, and it doesn't happen in the vanilla games, only in Varietas. Is this something that has come up before because I searched the thread and couldn't find anything on it.

Hello, I've been playing Civ and Varietas for a long time, and I've gotten a new laptop. But when I installed Varietas, something wierd happened. Whenever I exit to main menu in the game, it crashes. It didn't do this on my old computer, and it doesn't happen in the vanilla games, only in Varietas. Is this something that has come up before because I searched the thread and couldn't find anything on it.
It's a problem with one of the audio XML files. Check the BAT Mod related threads as the fix is in one of them. :)

Sorry, but can you point out which one please?
See the second link in my sig, and check the bug report and help threads stickied in that forum. It's been so long, even I can't remember anymore.

The threads you want deal with the CTD issue.

Thank you! I'm still encountering it sometimes, but when I change the sound settings it usually works.

Top Bottom