Graphic Problem

Airey

Prince

Graphic Card, X1950
The citizen assignment slot is mixed up.
Please help

Tried uninstall and reinstalled the driver, no use.

The Pop growth and culture pop (upper left corner) has problem displaying as well

In game graphic setting:

The X1950 is below minimum requirements. I'm not even sure they support drivers for that one anymore, a lot of the X series drivers were stopped many, many years ago.

Time to get a new card then,
have a budget of $200US
- GTX 750 ti
- R7 260X
- R7 265
- R9 270

which is better? I only play normal size map.

Any card that has current drivers, will work. Some of the newer, higher end cards introduce their own issues. It is not the map size that causes problems. It is how HD looking you need your terrain and units to display. Do you play zoomed in or zoomed out? If you play zoomed out, then you need a higher end card to address all the detail that is on the screen.

Play with default setting (prob Zoom out)

So you mean higher than the list I had? Need to spend $300 or more?
Please recommend a model, before AMD was better suited, is it still the case now?
(AMD or NVIDIA)

If there are problems with higher end cards,
wouldn't it be better to avoid them by playing at lower settings?

Out of your list: R9 270X

What about a GTX 760? or GTX 480?

If you want to stay with AMD, then a R9 270 or HD 7870, but they are rated slightly lower than the two nvidea cards respectively.

If running the settings at high, does not play well, you can always lower them. You can always save the game, change the setting, and reload if you are having issues late game. I am not saying you need expensive memory. It was more along the lines of needing 4 GB of cheap GPU RAMM or staying with 2 GB of higher priced GPU RAMM. There is another thread about the topic. If you are going to use a couple of 40" monitors, then you are going to need more RAMM. If you are going with a 22" monitor then 2GB will be faster for you.

The issue with high end cards is coding and how to use the extra power, not that they are bad cards. Driver issues also. If you are going to play at lower settings why spend extra money, unless you have future needs for such cards?

Going to take your advice,
looking at 760, please help me pick one

$325 Gigabyte GTX760 4G GTX760 GV-N760OC-4GD GTX
$309 Asus GTX760-DC2OC-4G GTX760 4G

$276 Gigabyte GTX760 GV-N760OC-2GD GTX 760
$286 Asus GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5 GTX760 OC

basically 4G or 2G

The only reason to get a 4Gb, is if you are going to run a resolution of 3840×2160 which uses a buffer of 3850MB. A 2Gb will do 2560x1600 with a 2060MB buffer.

Both types will support up to 4 monitors. From the testing done on the Gigabyte cards, the 4Gb card does not give that much better performance over the 2Gb. It runs quieter and cooler than the 2Gb card though. I do not know much about the Asus, but they are an innovative company and probably work just fine.

They main reason to get a 4 GB card would be a future monitor that will take advantage of the higher buffer rate.

I run the MSI gtx760 OC edition and at 2gbs of memory it's fine and runs it well.

Top Bottom