1. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Main site is finally re-opened! We migrated it to a new CMS and gave it a new layout as well.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Downloads database has been migrated and re-opened! Check it out and post in Site Feedback if any issue. We have done URL re-write so that old links will continue to work.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A new Civ6 theme forum style is now available and it's made the default forum style! Check it out and comment here.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We have successfully migrated the forum from vBulletin to Xenforo! Please take a look around and report any issue you see in Site Feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics crashes both: Civ4 and Warlords

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by Mete, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Mete

Mete Chieftain

Aug 2, 2006
    Hello i have a big problem but first i want to give my laptop's specs:

Intel Pentium M 740 (1.73GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 533MHz FSB)(Sonoma)
    15.4'' WXGA (1280x800) LCD TFT
    512MB DDR2-533MHz
    Intel 915GM (max. 224MB)

This laptop has a widescreen so I'm playing game at 1280x800 resolution. When i tried to make graphics medium or low it says it will happen when you restart the game. When i restarted the game nothing changes still 1024x768 and high graphics. This is the problem one how can i change them forever!

And the biggest problem comes, when i'm playing game with 1280x800 and high graphic after a while (half an hour later) it crashes and screen look likes a color chaos and it locks my computer. Those 2 problems both happen at Civilization IV normal and Civ IV with extension Warlords. When i restarted i can start again and it crashes again. What can i do? How can i get rid of this problems? They made me crazy :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance!
  2. crunch

crunch Chieftain

Jul 28, 2003
    Is your windows user name containing funny regional characters? If so, civ cannot update your ini file. Create a windows user without "scharfes S" or so.

Pls report if this helps you.