GRAPHICS: Labels on resources

Pggar

Shikamaru
While I was checking some mods that were adding labels on resources, I came up with with something. I really liked the idea of putting shields on strategic resources, so I copied it. However, I felt something was missing on the luxuries. That is why I labeled it with smileys. Since bonus resources have to be inside your citie ratius, and they are not as important as the other ones, I prefered leaving them unlabeled, so we have a less cluttered screen. If you like a messy screen go to the fifth post and you'll find the version with bonus resources included.

To install the mod, you just need to replace the file resources.pcx, inside your Art folder, with the one attached in the end of this post. Make a backup of your original file just in case you're not so fond of this mod after you've tested it.

If you want more options, there are lots of them in this Apolyton thread. You can go nuts there. All kinds of feedback are welcome. Now the file.

Edit: Included mention to new version and corrected some misspellings on first version ReadMe.

Attachments

• pggars resource labels.zip
    78.6 KB · Views: 746
Here's an screen.

Attachments

• samplescreenshot.jpg
    samplescreenshot.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 4,137
I was trying to post this for three days. Apparently, I was the only one really affected by the last crash of the forum/server. My ID was erased and I had to register again, but that is past, at least I hope so.

Now I'm back. :jump:

Very cool. It works great!!!!

Dustan

Here's the version with bonus resources labeled. Any ideas on how to improve this is welcome. All the bonus receive food labels, except gold which receive coins.

Attachments

• pggars bonus labels.zip
    66 KB · Views: 314
Here's a sample.
Warning: this was taken from the editor. In real life (I mean games), you probably won't find that many resources together.

Attachments

• bonusscreen.jpg
    bonusscreen.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 3,688
Hi there.
well, greetings for the things u added, i just wanted to ask if you could make the little symbols apear on the minimap so you can see if there is any resourse, luxury or bonus on that area without having the central screen on it...
well. thnx..

I thought your idea was great hombrePAC though I don't really thing is something easy to implement. So I went through Civ3 folders looking for the minimap, but I didn't fing anything. If somebody knows where the minimap files are, please tell me. Personally, I believe they didn't include them as editable stuff because the minimap must be more complex them the static pics we are dealing with. Anyway, maybe I'm just not very good at looking for things. ;)

I decided to bump my thread to get some feedback. In more than three months only 2 people said something. Does anybody has anything else to say? Maybe some suggestions. Thanks anyway.

is the mod already compatible to c3c, i understand they added more resources in the expansion. hope someone could update the mod, it's really good.:)

This mod is not compatile with C3C. Just check the date it was made. ;)

If Pggar wishes to update this, of course he is welcome to, and many will appreciate it. :)

Another option is to check out some of the other, similar mods here, that *have* been updated for C3C. For instance Tae Shala's C3C resources with labels & icons. :D

I intend to update the mod.
I actually enhanced the smile a while ago, but didn't bother to uptade the mod.
I'll do that, including C3C resources when my vacations start in about a week. ;)

Sorry for the delay, but here it is.
I made those a long time ago, and I used the smileys from another mod, IIRC.

I'm working on a new version.
That will be C3C compatible. :D

I hope to have it done soon, but I can't promisse anything. :crazyeye:

Attachments

• resources_ss.pcx
    16 KB · Views: 146
Top Bottom