[GRAPHICS] Wonder tiles

Ekmek

on steam: ekmek_e
DOWNLOAD

After much work in this thread I completed converting the below list of wonders into tile improvements after Pazyryk requested it (2 years ago - yikes!)

-Since wonders don't have pillage graphics I included a 'generic' ruble one that works with it.
-Also includes are fxsxml files (based on holysite.fxsxml) to use. Just change the gr2 names.
-Finally, there are two dds files. Copies of the holysite ground but changed so you can make your own turf. If you want each wonder to have unique ground graphic, well you have to change it with nexus buddy)

The wonders included are:
Alhambra
Angkor Wat
Big Ben
Borobudur
Colossus
Cristo Redentor
Forbidden Palace
Globe Theater
Great Library
Great Lighthouse
Hagia Sophia
Hanging Gardens
Himeji Castle
Mausoleum of Halicarnassus
Mosque of Djenne
Neuschwanstein Castle
Notre Dame
Oracle
Parthenon
Petra
Porcelain Tower
Pyramids
Red Fort
Sistine Chapel
Statue of Zeus
Stonehenge
Taj Mahal
Temple of Artemis

I did a few unique pillage graphics (for testing)
Colossus
Great Lighthouse
Petra
Pyramids
Stonehenge

:clap: Excellent! I may have use of the Great Library as an alternate UC2 for my Minoan civ. Now I actually want to update it just it as a UI.

So I tried making an improvement with the great library graphics...
and then I realized I have no idea what I'm doing.

Which files does the GL need? I mean, obviously great_library_B.gr2 and great_library_HB.gr2, but what else? Don't improvements need .fxsxml files? Should I be using the WTI_B/WTI_HB/WTI_PL.fxsxml files for that? And is the great library supposed to have a pillaged graphic? :crazyeye:

And finally one more question with which to bombard you Ekmek: Do you know of any good tutorials for making improvement art defines? I couldn't find any.

So I tried making an improvement with the great library graphics...
and then I realized I have no idea what I'm doing.

Which files does the GL need? I mean, obviously great_library_B.gr2 and great_library_HB.gr2, but what else? Don't improvements need .fxsxml files? Should I be using the WTI_B/WTI_HB/WTI_PL.fxsxml files for that? And is the great library supposed to have a pillaged graphic? :crazyeye:

And finally one more question with which to bombard you Ekmek: Do you know of any good tutorials for making improvement art defines? I couldn't find any.

I reallygave those files for pazyrk. But what I'd is upload my improvement wonder test mod. right now it uses sql but whoward posted how to do it xml too. So i'll probably do a version like that too since I'm not that sql saavy

Hello, is this tile improvements available stand-alone or does it require/part of another mod? How do I install this mod? Thanks.

I'm sorry.. do you mind to elaborate a bit more? I also can not find the template you mentioned in the Utility section.

I'm sorry, what does it actually mean converting the wonders into tile improvements? Do you need a worker to build the wonders on a selected tile? Or does it mean you've edited the 3D art for the wonders?

:wow: Awesome Work!

@ ImperialSteeze, Ekmek has kindly made a way for us to have the Wonder 3d Art as buildable improvements or features or as buildings available outside a city. IF, we code it. Again, awesome work Ekmek. :hatsoff:

Top Bottom