GraphicsMod Library II: Terrain/Resources

pdescobar

Moo, baby. Moo.
CFC Graphics Modpack Library
Section II: Terrain and Resources

Note: This thread is intended only for the library itself. Please do not post comments or other replies here. Instead, you should send such things to the original C&C thread. By restricting the posting to this thread it will hopefully make browsing the library and finding what you need much easier. Thank you.

Preface: Given the positive feedback on section 3 and its resultant stickiness, I suppose it's time I started the next section of the library. Please post any comments, suggestions, etc in the original C&C thread. Particularly of interest is any advice on how to organize the resource packs since there is so much overlap in what is included

As with the last time, initially the layout will be in major disarray while I fill in the details and find/create suitable preview shots -- the index will be incomplete, links will probably point to the wrong places and screenshots will be placeholders which have nothing to do with the mod they're near. Your patience in ignoring such things is appreciated :)

Full Terrain Mods (Built-in)
  • Standard Terrain by Firaxis -- Terrain from the game, simply including a preview here to compare with the others
  • European Terrain by Firaxis -- Terrain from the game (PTW "extra"), simply including a preview here to compare with the others
  • Winter Terrain by Firaxis -- Terrain from the game (PTW "extra"), simply including a preview here to compare with the others
Full Terrain Mods (Standard)
  • Snoopy's Terrain by Snoopy -- Very popular terrain pack in 2 styles (standard and greener), including city graphics (Note: included on most PTW CDs)
  • Womoks' Terrain by Womoks -- Terrain pack with especially nice mountains in 2 styles (standard and greener version by Thunderfall)
  • Watercolor Terrain by Warpstorm -- Terrain mod which looks like a watercolor painting (Note: included on most PTW CDs)
  • Rhye's Terrain by Rhye -- terrain mod based on Snoopy.
  • Less Yellow Modpack by Thunderfall -- Makes terrain brighter and adds more contrast between terrain and objects
  • Color-Corrected Terrain -- Makes some color modifications to standard tileset
  • Cordy's Terrain by Cordy -- Terrain mod with a lot of contrast between terrain types and 3-d crops for irrigation
  • CCJ39's Graphic Mods by CCJ39 -- A whole set of modifications to Snoopy's Greener (v2)
Full Terrain Mods (Specialized)
  • Mars Terrain by sprnv8 -- Terrain pack made to look like the planet Mars
  • Lunar Terrain by Beer Engine -- Terrain pack for a mod with a combination of Lunar and Earthlike Terrain with Space replacing water
  • Lukree's Space Terrain by Lukree (posted by tpasmall) -- Terrain for Star Wars Mod with Space replacing water and some other changes
Terrain Features
  • Steppes by Incubus0223 -- Brown tundra to simulate steppes
  • Hills in Desert by Incubus0223 -- Simulation of desert dunes with a graphic based on the standard hill
  • Desert Dunes by thamis -- Another desert modification to simulate dunes
  • Swamp Terrain by Incubus0223 and GIDustin -- Modified version of Snoopy's Jungle with water to simulate swamp
  • Muddy Flood Plains by Yurt -- Gives "the flood plains a Nile-style mud banks look, and also lots of grass"
  • Less Brown Mountains by m_m_x -- Modifies standard mountain graphic to be less brown
  • California Terrain by Babble-on -- Modifies grassland to look like it has native Californian wildflowers
Irrigation
  • Zeb's Terrain by Zeb_Fisher -- New Irrigation graphics
  • Desert Irrigation by Cretatus_Manus -- New desert irrigation with some small buildings and pyramids
  • Altered Irrigation by GIDustin -- New irrigation based on Snoopy's Greener 4.1
Mines
  • New mine by buk -- Small mine graphic in SW corner of tile
  • Moved Mine by Yoda Power -- Offsets the original mine graphic to SE corner of tile
  • Derrick Mine (Author Unknown) -- Derrick-style mine posted by Lemming in a thread for another mod
  • New Mine by CCJ39 -- Modification of the derrick-style mine posted by Lemming to make it easier to see
  • Brighter Mine Derrick by Overseas -- Another derrick-style mine with a smoking chimney
  • Nice Mines by ahenobarb -- Replaces mine with houses to represent city suburbs
  • Mine the Sheep by mrtn -- Replaces mine with cluser of sheep
  • Kettyo's Terrain by kettyo -- A compilation of other terrain mods which includes an original factory graphic for the mine
  • New Mine by aaglo -- Adds some mechanical flavor to the original mine; dark and light versions available
Camps, Forts, and Huts
  • New barb camp, goody hut, and mine by m_m_x (posted by Thunderfall) -- New walled barb camp, village-style goody huts, and a slight change to mines
  • MMX Goody Huts with CTP Golems by W.i.n.t.e.r.-- Combines the above village-style huts of m_m_x with Stonehenge and Easter Island statues from Call to Power
  • Civ3 Goody Huts with CTP Golems by Taé Shala -- Uses the CtP extras of W.i.n.t.e.r. along with the original Civ3 goody huts
  • Civ3 Goody Huts with CtP Golems/Stonehenge Figurines by Colonel Kraken -- Also uses the CtP extras of W.i.n.t.e.r. along with the original Civ3 goody huts
  • New Huts by buk -- Another village-style goody hut replacement (2 versions)
  • Easy to Spot Goody Huts by Aethon -- Adds an identifying badge to standard goody huts to make them easier to find
  • New TerrainBuildings.PCX by Hunter -- Contains new modern fort and also a changed mine
  • Alternative Fortresses by aaglo -- New fortress graphics for several eras; includes barb camp from m_m_x listed above
Pollution and Towers
  • Pollution as Wasteland by mrtn -- New pollution graphic based upon the wasteland of Test of Time
  • Graveyard Pollution by Kinboat -- New pollution graphic of dead bodies
  • New Radar Tower - Womok Art by bhiita -- Post of the radar tower from Womoks' Terrain including a smaller version
Roads
  • Thin Brown Roads by cassembler -- Thinner roads
  • Roads with Enhanced Buildings by Overseas -- Small buildings at road intersections
Railroads
  • Civ 2 Style Railways by SkankyBurns -- Straight, civ2-type rails
  • Alternative Civ2 style railroads by Soufie77 -- Another version of straight, civ2-type rails
  • Circular Railroads by Dark Sheer -- The opposite of civ2-style rails, completely circular rails
  • Tidier Railroads by Soufie77 -- Cleans up some of the 8-way intersections of the standard rails to be simpler
  • Highways/Railroads by Kuratko -- Changes railroad into a combination of highways and railroads along with small buildings
  • Shockwave's Highways by Shockwave -- Replaces railroads with fat grey roads to simulate highways
  • Urban Combat Railroad by GenghisFarb -- "Industrial Sprawl" type mod with lots of buildings added to railroads; the more railroad intersections, the bigger and denser the buildings.
  • Advanced Railroads by Crist2000 -- Another "Industrial Sprawl" type mod with lots of buildings added to railroads
  • Alternative to Railroads Skyscrapers by Overseas -- Another Sprawl-type railroad, but this one has smaller buildings with higher railroad density to make it easier to see.
Cities and Ruins
  • All Cities with Trees by Amenhotep IV -- Modified city graphics for all cultures (Included on some PTW CDs as "Lush Cities")
  • New City Graphics based on CTP2 by alireza1354 -- New city graphics for most cultures
  • Noah's Arc Cities by computerdude113 -- Animal-related city graphics from the Noah's Arc mod
  • Smiley's Cities by Smiley (posted by hzm) -- Custom city graphics based on Chapultepec, Tokyo, and Taipei
  • New Ruin by m_m_x -- New ruin graphic which looks more like the remains of buildings as opposed to the standard pile of rubble
  • Spaceport Graphic by Plexus -- Icon for Spaceport to replace Airport graphic on cities for sci-fi mods
Borders
  • Solid Territory Borders by malik -- Changes territory boundaries from standard dashed border to a solid border
  • See-Through Fog of War by HadroLepton -- Makes Fog-of-War partially transparent (Standard Civ3 Only)
Res0
Res1
Res2
Recent Updates

Last edited by a moderator:
Full Terrain Mods (Built-in)

Standard Terrain by Firaxis -- Terrain from the game, simply including a preview here to compare with the others
  • Preview for comparison with modpacks (Thumbnail links to full-size preview)
European Terrain by Firaxis -- Terrain from the game (PTW "extra"), simply including a preview here to compare with the others
Winter Terrain by Firaxis -- Terrain from the game(PTW "extra"), simply including a preview here to compare with the others

Full Terrain Mods (Standard)

Snoopy's Terrain by Snoopy -- Very popular terrain pack in 2 styles (standard and greener), including city graphics (Note: included on most PTW CDs)
Womoks' Terrain by Womoks -- Terrain pack with especially nice mountains in 2 styles (standard and greener version by Thunderfall)
Watercolor Terrain by Warpstorm -- Terrain mod which looks like a watercolor painting

Rhye's Terrain by Rhye -- based on Snoopy's
  • Full Thread
  • Preview (Thumbnail links to full-size preview)

Less Yellow Modpack by Thunderfall -- Makes terrain brighter and adds more contrast between terrain and objects
Color-Corrected Terrain -- Makes some color modifications to standard tileset
  • Full Thread
  • Previews for Standard and Mountain/Hill Additions (Thumbnails link to full-size preview)
Cordy's Terrain by Cordy -- Terrain mod with a lot of contrast between terrain types and 3-d crops for irrigation
  • Full Thread
CCJ39's Graphic Mods by CCJ39 -- A whole set of modifications to Snoopy's Greener (v2)
  • Full Thread -- Offsite Downloads

Full Terrain Mods (Specialized)

Mars Terrain by sprnv8 -- Terrain pack made to look like the planet Mars
  • Full Thread
Lunar Terrain by Beer Engine -- Terrain pack for a mod with a combination of Lunar and Earthlike Terrain with Space replacing water
  • Full Thread -- Download link appears to not work
  • No Preview Available
Lukree's Space Terrain by Lukree (posted by tpasmall) -- Terrain for Star Wars Mod with Space replacing water and some other changes
  • Full Thread

Terrain Features

Steppes by Incubus0223 -- Brown tundra to simulate steppes
Hills in Desert by Incubus0223 -- Simulation of desert dunes with a graphic based on the standard hill
Desert Dunes by thamis -- Another desert modification to simulate dunes
Swamp Terrain by Incubus0223 and GIDustin -- Modified version of Snoopy's Jungle with water to simulate swamp
Muddy Flood Plains by Yurt -- Gives "the flood plains a Nile-style mud banks look, and also lots of grass"
Less Brown Mountains by m_m_x -- Modifies standard mountain graphic to be less brown
California Terrain by Babble-on -- Modifies grassland to look like it has native Californian wildflowers
  • Full Thread -- Download link appears to have been removed...
  • Preview

Irrigation

Zeb's Terrain by Zeb_Fisher -- New Irrigation graphics
Desert Irrigation by Cretatus_Manus -- New desert irrigation with some small buildings and pyramids
Altered Irrigation by GIDustin -- New irrigation based on Snoopy's Greener 4.1

Mines

New mine by buk -- Small mine graphic in SW corner of tile
Moved Mine by Yoda Power -- Offsets the original mine graphic to SE corner of tile
Derrick Mine (Author Unknown) -- Derrick-style mine posted by Lemming in a thread for another mod
New Mine by CCJ39 -- Modification of the derrick-style mine posted by Lemming to make it easier to see
Brighter Mine Derrick by Overseas -- Another derrick-style mine with a smoking chimney
Nice Mines by ahenobarb -- Replaces mine with houses to represent city suburbs
Mine the Sheep by mrtn -- Replaces mine with cluser of sheep
Kettyo's Terrain by kettyo -- A compilation of other terrain mods which includes an original factory graphic for the mine
New Mine by aaglo -- Adds some mechanical flavor to the original mine; dark and light versions available

Camps, Forts, and Huts

New barb camp, goody hut, and mine by m_m_x (posted by Thunderfall) -- New walled barb camp, village-style goody huts, and a slight change to mines
MMX Goody Huts with CTP Golems by W.i.n.t.e.r.-- Combines the above village-style huts of m_m_x with Stonehenge and Easter Island statues from Call to Power
Civ3 Goody Huts with CTP Golems by Taé Shala -- Uses the CtP extras of W.i.n.t.e.r. along with the original Civ3 goody huts
Civ3 Goody Huts with CtP Golems/Stonehenge Figurines by Colonel Kraken -- Also uses the CtP extras of W.i.n.t.e.r. along with the original Civ3 goody huts
New Huts by buk -- Another village-style goody hut replacement (2 versions)
Easy to Spot GoodyHuts by Aethon -- Adds an identifying badge to standard goody huts to make them easier to find.
New TerrainBuildings.PCX by Hunter -- Contains new modern fort and also a changed mine
Alternative Fortresses by aaglo -- New fortress graphics for several eras; includes barb camp from m_m_x listed above

Pollution and Towers

Pollution as Wasteland by mrtn -- New pollution graphic based upon the wasteland of Test of Time
Graveyard Pollution by Kinboat -- New pollution graphic of dead bodies
New Radar Tower - Womok Art by bhiita -- Post of the radar tower from Womoks' Terrain including a smaller version

Roads

Thin Brown Roads by cassembler -- Thinner roads
Roads with Enhanced Buildings by Overseas -- Small buildings at road intersections

Railroads

Civ 2 Style Railways by SkankyBurns -- Straight, civ2-type rails
Alternative Civ2 style railroads by Soufie77 -- Another version of straight, civ2-type rails
Circular Railroads by Dark Sheer -- The opposite of civ2-style rails, completely circular rails
Tidier Railroads by Soufie77 -- Cleans up some of the 8-way intersections of the standard rails to be simpler
Highways/Railroads by Kuratko -- Changes railroad into a combination of highways and railroads along with small buildings
Shockwave's Highways by Shockwave -- Replaces railroads with fat grey roads to simulate highways
Urban Combat Railroad by GenghisFarb -- "Industrial Sprawl" type mod with lots of buildings added to railroads; the more railroad intersections, the bigger and denser the buildings.
Advanced Railroads by Crist2000 -- Another "Industrial Sprawl" type mod with lots of buildings added to railroads
Alternative to Railroads Skyscrapers by Overseas -- Another Sprawl-type railroad, but this one has smaller buildings with higher railroad density to make it easier to see.

Cities and Ruins

All Cities with Trees by Amenhotep IV -- Modified city graphics for all cultures (Included on some PTW CDs as "Lush Cities")
New City Graphics based on CTP2 by alireza1354 -- New city graphics for most cultures
Noah's Arc Cities by computerdude113 -- Animal-related city graphics from the Noah's Arc mod
Smiley's Cities by Smiley (posted by hzm) -- Custom city graphics based on Chapultepec, Tokyo, and Taipei
New Ruin by m_m_x -- New ruin graphic which looks more like the remains of buildings as opposed to the standard pile of rubble
Spaceport Graphic by Plexus -- Icon for Spaceport to replace Airport graphic on cities for sci-fi mods

Borders

Solid Territory Borders by malik -- Changes territory boundaries from standard dashed border to a solid border
See-Through Fog of War by HadroLepton -- Makes Fog-of-War partially transparent (Standard Civ3 Only)

Ares de Borg's Terrain (a community compilation)

After some time playing with this terrain, I'd like to release it to the public.

This is mostly a graphics compilation.
Over the years, many wonderful terrain packs have been released by creative minds, enhancing the look of Civilization by all means.

I took what I liked most, merged it together, tweaked it to fit my taste and got what you see here.

To all the original creators:
THANK YOU! Without you, this pack wouldn't exist.

I'd like to thank:
Aaglo, Arne, Hikaro Takayama, Joker, Pounder, the RFRE Mod, Rhye, Snoopy, Taé Shala, Varlin Saliptor, Winter, Womoks, and whoever I have forgotten and whose work helped creating this pack.
R8XFT and Stormrage for their support.
The whole community for keeping CIV alive.
Preview (click picture for full Preview @ 1024x768)
DOWNLOAD (5.2 MB): Mirror 1 | Mirror 2

I am honored to say that the mods "Anno Imperii" and "The Elder Scrolls" will use this terrain.

Recent Updates:

18 Mar 2003 -- Added screenshots in 2 sizes for all Full Terrain Mods
17 Mar 2003 -- Completion of terrain entries; Screenshots and resource entries still to come

Somebody should update this library or just delete it. Being 16 months since the last update it is bordering useless. :sad:

My point was there is A LOT missing from it. You can get a MUCH better selection using the search feature - like over 10 times what is listed. I would rather see it updated.

No need to get upset...

I feel I must somewhat agree with Amesjustin...there have been a lot of great additions since this was last updated. But I don't believe that it should be deleted...
I know it would take a while but is there anyway that someone could add the new graphics into the library? Or would it be easier for everyone to just post their favorites?

I am trying to keep my site updated (link in sig), but people are making things too fast. I could write a script so that whenever I add a graphic mod to my site, it posts it here too... :shrug:

- GIDustin

Edit: Where did the shrug emoticon go? Or am i going crazy?

Top Bottom