Great Artists

fragata

Chieftain
This may have already been asked, but after a certain point in the game, do the Great Artists no longer make a piece of art work? I'm in the later stages of a marathon game, and I spawned a great artist--however it does not allow for me to produce a piece of art work. FYI--I have plenty of museum space.

Thanks.

To my knowledge, there is no limit to the number of Great Works that can be created.

However, it may be that there is a finite number of them that can exist in the game, and if so, I guess you'll just have to settle for getting GAs. :p

If all the museum slots are occupied by artifacts or whatever, your Artist can't make art. The slots have to be unoccupied.

Thanks Eagle, I have plenty of slots for art (as I stated in my original post).

Thanks Eagle, I have plenty of slots for art (as I stated in my original post).

You can't just have slots. They have to be unoccupied, as I said in my post. The button won't be lit if you can't make art due to all slots being occupied by other art and artifacts.

If you have slots that are open, unoccupied, and available and you still can't make art, then it must be a bug. There are no other limits.

It would be helpful if you post a screenshot or a save game file.

Unoccupied art slots available.

Attachments

• Fullscreen capture 7112013 112105 AM.jpg
    Fullscreen capture 7112013 112105 AM.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 264
Actually, i meant a screenshot with the artist selected and the option to make a work unavailable. If it is visible and greyed out, then point to it for the tooltip as well.

I have two great artists and there is no option for creating a great work. It's not greyed out... it's just not there. I've created them in the past and I have open and unoccupied great art slots available.

I too can no longer create masterpieces of any type. I have plenty of slots open for each type. The only options I get now is to create start a GA or write a political treatise. Is this a bug?

Do the Great Artists/Writers/Musicians have names? (ex. Leonardo da Vinci, William Shakespeare, Ludwig van Beethoven) If not, then you are unable to create a Great Work with them because all possible GWAMs have been spawned in the game already. Generic GWAMs lacking a name cannot create a GW because they are not linked to a specific painting, writing, or composition.

Top Bottom