Great Generals wont spawn

Pluvia

Chieftain
So it seems that in all of my Mass Effect civs no Great Generals are spawning. I've been trying to find out why for about a fortnight now and for the life of me I have no idea what's wrong, especially as nothing (apart from the Collectors UU) adjusts anything to do with them.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong?

Is it that the GG won't spawn, or that units are not accumulating GG points - you can check the latter by watching the meters in the top-left menu (one of the options where the tech being researched is displayed)

There aren't any other civilian units hanging around in your capital, preventing new ones from appearing? (I think a GG can spawn next to your capital, but I've read about problems with this)

I have a similar problem in my own mod. Well its a strange bug, but i run a big mod full of other components, and the logs are not showning an error.
Anyway the points for the great general that are cumulated, are working only for range units. This problems also appairs for the great admiral, but realy strange its gone now.:D

Is it that the GG won't spawn, or that units are not accumulating GG points - you can check the latter by watching the meters in the top-left menu (one of the options where the tech being researched is displayed)

They accumulate points it just those points don't spawn a GG. It just continues.

Anyway the points for the great general that are cumulated, are working only for range units. This problems also appairs for the great admiral, but realy strange its gone now.:D
The default game only gives you GG points from ranged attacks incase you're fighting barbarians. When fighting ordinary civs also melee attacks count. So this might be like normal - I don't know who you've been fighting, of course.

Oh, well when this is the mistake then i have to :wallbash:
Thx for clearing this...

Well my problem on the other hand still elludes me. I'm surprised this problem happened for anyone else.

It's been weeks now and I still can't find it.

Surely someone must know a fix? It's disheartening to learn that I'm the first person to create this glitch during modding.

It's been weeks now and I still can't find it.

Surely someone must know a fix? It's disheartening to learn that I'm the first person to create this glitch during modding.

Still here, weeks later, still no closer to solving it.

I'm not doing anything dramatic. Surely I can't be the only one this has ever happened to in the world?

You can try making Great General on your own in LUA.

city:CreateGreatGeneral() ( city! player seems to be buggy )
player:GetGreatGeneralsCreated()
player:GreatGeneralThreshold() (iirc it shows points that you can check in F3)

--
PlayerDoTurn
local X = player:GreatGeneralThreshold()
for i=0, player:GetGreatGeneralsCreated() do
X = X - 200 * (i + 1);
end
if X >= 0 then
luckyCity:CreateGreatGeneral(GameInfoTypes... General);
end
--

Iirc CreateGreatGeneral is not reducing generated points, so if your meter truely goes 200+, this algoritm should work. (200/600/1200/2000/3000 and so on)

However, I don't know if CreateGreatGeneral is increasing player:GetGreatGeneralsCreated(). If not, you will have to make your own system counting Generals.

Top Bottom