[GS] Great Prophets

Last night in my game the 5th (and final) great prophet was claimed in the Modern Era.

Standard sized continents map. The first three went fairly quickly, the fourth was a bit later. India got wiped out by a fellow AI early in the game, and I'd imagine he would've claimed one of the 5 religions at one point. But with him gone, that left just me and Mongolia to claim the last one. I hadn't built any Holy Sites because I had no real interest in playing a religious game, so I figured Mongolia would claim it at some point... but evidently he had the same idea as I did, because he didn't gain a single point towards a great prophet the whole game!

I (finally) grabbed him after winning a world competition that granted me 100 points towards all great people, lol. Not having a single holy site built, he just sleeps in town all day. I probably should've built one at some point just to get *some* benefit (however small) from the religion, but... meh.

I like that not every leader goes crazy chasing religions these days, and it could give a slight indirect boost to those civs who have abilities geared towards religion but no advantage towards actually getting the prophet they need. Anyone else seen similar results, or is this just a fluke?

What is annoying is the fact that civ which already claimed GP are still getting points towards next one. This makes list polluted and i can't tell if i have a chance for my own rel. Need to check rel screen to be sure.. ok you have rel and you, one for you.. ok now i'm next in line despite the fact im 4th on great people screen (with two first placed with full bars for second GP).

So might be that Mongolia was confused as i did, and couldn't say if there's something left.

Rarely, you'll get a set of AI that didn't go for religion and you can get a prophet at your leisure.

I experienced it once with my Scotland game. I rarely build Holy Sites unless I want a religious game, or sometimes a cultural game. There was one GProphet that was still left and at the end of the game when I was so rich, I just bought him and created a religion in Modern era.

Top Bottom