Great Wall handling

dewell

Warlord
Hi there ;)
I need help with a little idea I got for my Song of Ice and Fire mod (based on Fall From Heaven 2 release) ...

I want to change the way the great wall works but I got no idea if it's possible.

I don't want to build ONE wonder and get the wall round my area along the cultural border but it's parts should be creatable by special workers.

I found this wall (it should be iced, that's GREAT!):
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/23768/Wall.zip

but don't have any idea how to get the graphics proper on the screen :(

Thanks for your help and advice and pardon my clumsy english :)

So I just understood how to add improvement skins but how can I make the walls "fit" together? :(

Here you can see what happens if you build two walls in line

I have no idea, if this is possible.
The possibilities of art manipulation are limited at this point.
If there's an option, then it includes editing the Buildings\CityLSystem and PlotLSystem.xml, which are really ugly.
These 2 files control, how improvements are differently set on the plots, like cottages e.g.
But well, high chance that it will fail.
e.g. what sould happen when you just build these wall parts everywhere? How should it look?

Thanks for your answer. It shouldn't be allowed to create a triangle, so I need 2 wall skins with a vertical wall and a horizontal. Additionally 4 possible corners.

I will think about it... but those skins should be available from Vanilla anyway

PS: verdammt das hätt ich dir auch auf deutsch erklären können ;)

Thanks for your answer. It shouldn't be allowed to create a triangle, so I need 2 wall skins with a vertical wall and a horizontal. Additionally 4 possible corners.

Uh, i guess it would look ugly (but that doesn't really matter).

I will think about it... but those skins should be available from Vanilla anyway

Yes, the art should be already there, just packed and hidden.
But the problem is, that i don't know if the game can re-arrange the parts in the wanted they.
I guess not. I think the Plot/CityLSystem.xml places the art random, and you don't have really any influence on the placement.

PS: verdammt das hätt ich dir auch auf deutsch erklären können ;)

If you want to get the most answers in an english forum you should explain it in english ;).
If you want to talk in german come over to the german civilization forum ;).

Rivers can do it.

They are between the tiles, that's a small problem here ;).

Okay, if there is no solution we should change the problem. How do I get the "Chinese Wall" work in Fall From Heaven 2? To create a usual wonder ain't no issue but what defines the way it works on the world map. I guess CHINESE_WALL is the right name for TXT_KEY, ART_DEF etc.?

UPDATE:
hm I got real problems adding the great wall to the Fall From Heaven mod, can't even call the exact problem :( ART_DEF etc. should be available to the game so I thought I just add the BUILDING_GREAT_WALL to the FFHeditor but I got lots of errors.

ok found it, cried some time and now i will just implement the great wall like it is in BTS and change the skin to the "icy" one.

can anyone tell me how I can the add the chinese wall to the Fall From Heaven 2 mod ... don't understand what I need to do to get the wall on the world map (like in Beyond the Sword)

Probably all these entries here :yuck::

If you look at the entry in the artDefines, you'll find LSYSTEM_GREAT_WALL, right?
This somehow references to CityLSystem/PlotLSystem.xml...and there the XML nightmare begines...

okay ... the CityLSystem.xml contains:

HTML:
<ArtRef Name="building:LSYSTEM_GREAT_WALL">
			<Attribute Class="Scalar">szSpecialLayout:CityCenter</Attribute>
			<Attribute Class="Scalar">szBuilder:GreatWallBuilder</Attribute>
			<Attribute Class="Scalar">bLayoutAfterGenerics:1</Attribute>
			<Attribute Class="Scalar">bNoContour:1</Attribute>
			<Rotate>45</Rotate>
			<!-- this needs to be the negative of the CITY_TWIST value in detail manager; note that this uses degrees but DetailManager uses radians. Sorry. -->
		</ArtRef>

I guess the GreatWallBuilder is responsible for building the Wall on the world map around your cultural borders?!?

But where is that function?

Can't find any connection to the PlotL.xml

I added a wonder with the art_def_great_wall, works well and in the civilopedia you can see the Great Wall like in BtS, but it doesn't "draw" the wall on the world map :(

I think so ...

Code:
<BuildingArtInfo>
			<Type>ART_DEF_BUILDING_GREAT_WALL</Type>
			<LSystem>LSYSTEM_GREAT_WALL</LSystem>
			<bAnimated>1</bAnimated>
			<fScale>1.0</fScale>
			<fInterfaceScale>0.4</fInterfaceScale>
			<NIF>Art/Structures/Buildings/Great_Wall/Great_Wall_civlopedia.nif</NIF>
			<KFM/>
			<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Buildings/SpaceElevator.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Warlords_Atlas_1.dds,2,5</Button>
		</BuildingArtInfo>

*lookingAround* from ArtDefines_Misc,
PHP:
		<MiscArtInfo>
			<Type>ART_GREAT_WALL_POST</Type>
			<Path>Art/Structures/Buildings/Great_Wall/Great_Wall_Tower.nif</Path>
			<fScale>1.0</fScale>
			<NIF/>
			<KFM/>
		</MiscArtInfo>
		<MiscArtInfo>
			<Type>ART_GREAT_WALL_SEGMENT</Type>
			<Path>Art/Structures/Buildings/Great_Wall/Great_Wall_1Unit.nif</Path>
			<fScale>1.0</fScale>
			<NIF/>
			<KFM/>
		</MiscArtInfo>
		<MiscArtInfo>
			<Type>ART_GREAT_WALL_SHADOW_TEXTURE</Type>
			<Path>Art/Structures/Buildings/Great_Wall/poopshadow.dds</Path>
			<fScale>1.0</fScale>
			<NIF/>
			<KFM/>
		</MiscArtInfo>

is this in?

Yes it is in ...

I just found out that the world spell "Sanctuary" in FFH creates a "Great Wall" for 30 rounds and it works. The walls appear, I can even change the skin.

I guess spellSanctuary(pCaster) (or reqSanctuary(pCaster)) triggers it ... don't know ...

I'm at a loss ...

By the way: Thanks for all the help ... :)

Mh why did the Fall From Heaven 2 creater delete the great wall *gr* ...

still not working ...

Top Bottom