Great Work (writing) missing from gallery.

E.man

Prince
I bought a Great Work of Writing in a Deal.

When I go to my gallery it is not in there But when I go to make a Deal with a another Civ it is listed as available.

I can't display a work I bought?

Great Works of Writing have different slots to Great Works of Art. You might need more or different buildings.

Great Works of Writing have different slots to Great Works of Art. You might need more or different buildings.
I have spare slots for Writing now but maybe not when I bought it.

No point keeping it if it won't appear in a slot.

I have two questions:
  • In the Gallery, how much Great Works can you count, and how much Great Works the game believe there are (in the top right corner)? (Same numbers or not?)
  • In the Search Tool bar, it is possible to locate where the Great Works are located. If you research your Great Work there, is the game able to locate it?
I believe this could be a case of a 2 Great Works sharing the same slot. It happens from time to time, but I didn't manage to either replicate the glitch consistently or find a solution when this is happening (I need to trade it and buy it back to make it appears...). You are not allowed to receive additional Great Work if you do not have the slot for it, normally. I have two main hypothesis on why this could happen:
  • If you trade a City for Great Works, maybe the game isn't aware that your eligible slot was in the traded City. Instead, maybe the game put into a "ghost" slot, share the same slot as an occupied one, or is displayed in that traded city but owned by you?
  • If you receive 2 different Great Works, with generalists slots (Palace, Apadana...) and dedicated (Amphitheater) maybe the game isn't able to put them in the right slot. For example, let's say you have a Palace and an Amphitheater. You are buying a GWoW and a Relic. You can slot them both, technically. But the game first put the GWoW in the Palace slot, then isn't able to slot the Relic somewhere ("ghost" slot? Hidden in the Palace?").
Of course, I have no proof to back my hypothesis.

The other thing that comes to mind are Old God Obelisks with Voidsingers in Secret Societies mode.

It can be easy to overlook a GW in a monument because the extra slots really clutter up the screen.

Outside of the Secret Societies mode, I have personally had a bug where purchased works disappear but I can't remember what conditions created it.

Another strategy would be due offer the AI your cities one-by-one on the trade screen to try to figure out if it's been assigned to a city you can't see.

The other thing that comes to mind are Old God Obelisks with Voidsingers in Secret Societies mode.

It can be easy to overlook a GW in a monument because the extra slots really clutter up the screen.

Outside of the Secret Societies mode, I have personally had a bug where purchased works disappear but I can't remember what conditions created it.

Another strategy would be due offer the AI your cities one-by-one on the trade screen to try to figure out if it's been assigned to a city you can't see.
Not using secret societies.

I have two questions:
  • In the Gallery, how much Great Works can you count, and how much Great Works the game believe there are (in the top right corner)? (Same numbers or not?)
  • In the Search Tool bar, it is possible to locate where the Great Works are located. If you research your Great Work there, is the game able to locate it?
I believe this could be a case of a 2 Great Works sharing the same slot. It happens from time to time, but I didn't manage to either replicate the glitch consistently or find a solution when this is happening (I need to trade it and buy it back to make it appears...). You are not allowed to receive additional Great Work if you do not have the slot for it, normally. I have two main hypothesis on why this could happen:
  • If you trade a City for Great Works, maybe the game isn't aware that your eligible slot was in the traded City. Instead, maybe the game put into a "ghost" slot, share the same slot as an occupied one, or is displayed in that traded city but owned by you?
  • If you receive 2 different Great Works, with generalists slots (Palace, Apadana...) and dedicated (Amphitheater) maybe the game isn't able to put them in the right slot. For example, let's say you have a Palace and an Amphitheater. You are buying a GWoW and a Relic. You can slot them both, technically. But the game first put the GWoW in the Palace slot, then isn't able to slot the Relic somewhere ("ghost" slot? Hidden in the Palace?").
Of course, I have no proof to back my hypothesis.
In Gallery number in top right is the same as the number of Great Works that are visible. So the missing one is not counted/not hiding.
View Gallery only shows the shown works not the missing one.

Where is this Search that will track the missing work of Writing?

Okay...

Exactly the same thing again. AI Civ offers a Deal in their turn. There is no way to check GWoW slots in gallery while in the Deal. Buy the book and it disappears, never to show in gallery, only shows in Deal making menu.

Impossible to accumulate the bloody things. Pretty frustrating. Surprised this problem hasn't been addressed.

I've figured out a fix. It seems that the palace slot is reserved for traded works of writing. To "reclaim" the works you've already traded for, move everything out of the palace slot, then trade the "ghost" work of writing for another work (AI should accept that even trade). The work you just traded for will pop up in the palace slot.

Top Bottom