• Singapore

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Tokyo, Japan

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Other (Please Specify)

Votes: 7 12.5%

• Total voters
Originally posted by rmsharpe
Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport is by far the best airport in the United States, if not the world.

Been there. It is OK. Very nice fruit crush.

Tokyo may be a huge international airport, but you may park your loaded baggage cart in the hall and disappear into a restaurant for an hour. It'll still be there. I've seen people reserve their seats in public areas by leaving cameras on them!

Originally posted by EdwardTking

Been there. It is OK. Very nice fruit crush.
:lol: It is a 1970's rec-room with a billion dollar budget and hundreds of acres to work with. It really should have wall to wall shag carpet.

Originally posted by Sean Lindstrom
Tokyo may be a huge international airport, but you may park your loaded baggage cart in the hall and disappear into a restaurant for an hour. It'll still be there. I've seen people reserve their seats in public areas by leaving cameras on them!

I'm moving to Tokyo! Think of all the free camera's I can get! :mischief:

No, seriously, that sounds pretty cool. Glad to know people are honest enough out there to not take what's not theirs.:thumbsup:

Originally posted by Turner_727
Glad to know people are honest enough out there to not take what's not theirs.:thumbsup:

I thought it so at first, but found the rate of thievery in Japanese cities roughly comparable to most other places: practically nil. The difference is that people there regard it just as bad luck, nothing to waste a lot of time and money and convenience trying to prevent. So a tiny bad fraction of the population does steal and murder and so on, but it causes little indirect harm because the vulnerable masses just absorb it on their way with force of numbers.

Narita's a long drive out from Tokyo Centre. Even the express train takes - IIRC - about two hours.

Originally posted by Sean Lindstrom

Narita's a long drive out from Tokyo Centre. Even the express train takes - IIRC - about two hours.

That is the only flaw to Narita. It's only about an hour in the bus though. And most large airports are far away from the actual city.

My vote goes for ABIA - Austin Bergstrom International Airport, because it is the only airport that I know of where you can buy Shiner Bock and Lone Star beers in places other than the bars. Those are available in the souvenior shops.

O'Hare!! I live close enough to hear planes fly in every 10 to 15 minutes...and see my house clearly when I'm flying in from the east.

Aside from being my hometown airport, transportation between terminals at O'Hare is done by train, not by bus, unlike at some other large busy airport (*cough* Heathrow *cough*)

Other. Off all the airports I've visited (over 300 flights), my favourite is City Airport London (the unknown 5th London airport), it's not 'great' as in the 1st post but why does something have to be large to be good small, cosy, business like, central, small planes only, friendly, walk to the plane and check-in up to 20 mins before departure

also has a scary landing if the wind is from the east, a tight turn right over the centre of london, then straighten, dive, then wave to the people in the Canary Wharf tower as you go in to land

What does age have to do with it? I'm not 16 yet but i've been to more than half of those and a few others.

Manchester, England. Much less of a zoo than Heathrow, DFW,
etc. And it was nice and clean. Also, Nashville, USA.

Why not? It's Japan! By the time you get back, the camera will be obsolete anyway. :p :lol: ;)

I would vote for John Lennon Airport in Liverpool.

Why ? Well, I've never seen it, it's just for his name. :D

Originally posted by rmsharpe
At first I didn't like the HHH terminal, but it starts to grow on you after a while. They had what, two gates there? Yes, I took many a flight from HHH.
Have you been to the newly renovated one? Now, it's still much better then most terminals, but it now has 7 gates instead of 4 has a second story and longer walks. I liked it the old way better.

Top Bottom