Greatest Earth Map in the History of Civilization

I registered after lurking for a while because of this map. I just played a great run through as England and this map/mod is awesome.

I lost my game by ONE TURN to the Chinese due to a science victory... It was a great game.

I have a couple of days off work this week.
Update with Jungle fix and missing stone out soon.

Very playable map, good work! :)
One minor issue: it was too early possbile to make diplomatic contacts with civs from america continent (I stared from europe) because the ocean line was so thin and I was able to see their city territories with my trimere type units.

The possibility to cross the Atlantic before the age of sail is a deliberate design decision.
You can do it by simulating the historical northern route the Vikings used in 1001AD.
Settle on Iceland and map out a path to the America by purchasing ocean tiles along the coast of Greenland to create a bridge or alternatively conquer Lisbon build a path to the Caribbean, think of it as investment in early Portuguese exploration.
You may gain a strategic advantage but it is expensive and comes at a high opportunity cost.
The benefits of doing so are limited as you still cannot cross the ocean with your land units or settlers until astronomy.

I registered after lurking for a while because of this map. I just played a great run through as England and this map/mod is awesome.

I lost my game by ONE TURN to the Chinese due to a science victory... It was a great game.

Unlucky! The Mongols wiped China off the face of the earth in my last game.

Any news of the next step for your map ?

It should be 7 religions instead of 6...

Number of religions is unfortunately tied to map size; no changing that unless someone does a custom dll.

Number of religions is unfortunately tied to map size; no changing that unless someone does a custom dll.

Not in my experience. Under Assets > DLC > Expansion > Gameplay > XML > GameInfo > Civ5Worlds.xml. Each map size has a MaxActiveReligions row.

However, there's only enough beliefs to go around for 8 active religions in a game.

Am I doing something wrong?

I downloaded the map in the first thread and got this:

* Huge map. It should be smaller right?
* Civilization do not start where they should. I picked England and started in desert.

I have a couple of days off work this week.
Update with Jungle fix and missing stone out soon.

Hi, is this Jungle fix commited to somewhere or should I use latest unoffical update GEMbeta003.7z ?
Is it possible to reduce resources. Maybe a option similar to "sparse"?

Old Peter, starting locations are missing from latest unoffical update GEMbeta003.7z
After selecting GEMbeta003 (mods > single player > set up game), map size is displayed as "large".

Are you going to post this mod on Steam? Its easier to download mods from Steam.

Is this on Steam?

I really like this idea of maximizing gameplay and still retaining earth like map. One thing though, i cannot play at any other speed than epic... No matter what i select i turns back to this speed...

Any ideas how to fix this.

Another thing i would really like is to have a version were there is nothing but city states in the americas, so everyone can race those lands ( + europeans can expand there too)

Thanks for the good work with the map

Sorry for the lack of updates.
The lack of a fix to the World Builder jungle bug wound me up a lot and I lost motivation.
The in game editor work around requires redoing a lot of work.
With Brave New Would just around the corner I will not be updating this G&K version.
SlightlyMad and others feel free to do whatever you like with this map and run with it.
I might make a new BNW map if the World Builder is good.

I dont have the time or the knowledge to update this map, but i sure hope someone take this great work and "runs with it". Best idea for earth map to date.

Sorry for the lack of updates.
The lack of a fix to the World Builder jungle bug wound me up a lot and I lost motivation.
The in game editor work around requires redoing a lot of work.
With Brave New Would just around the corner I will not be updating this G&K version.
SlightlyMad and others feel free to do whatever you like with this map and run with it.
I might make a new BNW map if the World Builder is good.

Can I add it to YnAEMP ?

I may edit it a bit then, but it would be a nice addition IMO.

Top Bottom