GreatPersonIndividualBirthModifiers is not working

ImNoobSoWhat

Chieftain
Hello, my custom civilization has an unique great people class. It's look like Simon Bolivar. Everything is ok, except the GreatPersonIndividualBirthModifiers abilities are not working as it should. If I copy a modifier (example: MEDIC_INCREASE_HEAL_RATE) it's ok but with my custom modifier it's not. I don't know what and where I was wrong even I try many ways which I could think. Please help. Many thanks. I have updated file again, it's still error.

Attachments

• DatVietCuong_GreatPeople.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I think it's important to understand precisely what you wish to accomplish with your new modifiers. Looking at the commented out portions of your file, you appear to have tried to replicate the passive Great General Effect for combat strength and movement. I'm assuming the flanking and support AOE bonuses are supposed to be similar. What isn't clear to me, though, is what you're trying to do which isn't working for you.

Since I'm kind of poking in the dark, I compared things in the base game to what you have. I noted the base game uses either true or false for ActionRequiresOwnedTile in every instance in which it exists in the XML files. You've got a 0 for yours on Line 61. The same applies to ActionEffectTileHighlighting later on Line 63. I'd set both of those entries to false instead since the game is almost certainly looking for that instead of a 0.

While this is likely fine so long as it is consistent, there is a typo in ABILITY_THONG_CHE_AOE_FLAKING which you may want to correct. I assume that's supposed to be ABILITY_THONG_CHE_AOE_FLANKING since later on it's associated with GREATPERSON_THONG_CHE_FLANKING_AOE_LAND. It can't hurt to correct since typos tend to go sideways later on if we're not careful. I ran into something similar myself where I switched a couple characters when typing a common word in my own mod. Tracking that down took way longer than it should have since I wasn't looking for a typo.

Anyhow, I'll leave things there since anything else is making too many assumptions about what you may want to be doing.

I think it's important to understand precisely what you wish to accomplish with your new modifiers. Looking at the commented out portions of your file, you appear to have tried to replicate the passive Great General Effect for combat strength and movement. I'm assuming the flanking and support AOE bonuses are supposed to be similar. What isn't clear to me, though, is what you're trying to do which isn't working for you.

Since I'm kind of poking in the dark, I compared things in the base game to what you have. I noted the base game uses either true or false for ActionRequiresOwnedTile in every instance in which it exists in the XML files. You've got a 0 for yours on Line 61. The same applies to ActionEffectTileHighlighting later on Line 63. I'd set both of those entries to false instead since the game is almost certainly looking for that instead of a 0.

While this is likely fine so long as it is consistent, there is a typo in ABILITY_THONG_CHE_AOE_FLAKING which you may want to correct. I assume that's supposed to be ABILITY_THONG_CHE_AOE_FLANKING since later on it's associated with GREATPERSON_THONG_CHE_FLANKING_AOE_LAND. It can't hurt to correct since typos tend to go sideways later on if we're not careful. I ran into something similar myself where I switched a couple characters when typing a common word in my own mod. Tracking that down took way longer than it should have since I wasn't looking for a typo.

Anyhow, I'll leave things there since anything else is making too many assumptions about what you may want to be doing.
Thank you for have a look. First, it not working because there are no any custom effect to unit (no combat strength, no movement, no flanking and support bonus), except the MEDIC_INCREASE_HEAL_RATE as I mention before. Second, when I change 0 in ActionRequiresOwnedTile and ActionEffectTileHighlighting into 'false'. It's get error. Database.log get this [Gameplay] ERROR: CHECK constraint failed: GreatPersonIndividuals. No received great person anymore.
I also rewrite FLAKING to FLANKING.

Thank you for have a look.
You bet!

First, it not working because there are no any custom effect to unit (no combat strength, no movement, no flanking and support bonus), except the MEDIC_INCREASE_HEAL_RATE as I mention before.
Are there existing equivalent bonuses for these already existing in the game? If so, I'd try substituting those for a test to see if those function properly or not. That'll tell us something about where things are failing to function. Wish there was more logging available but such is life. My guess, and it's only a guess since I've never done a custom Great Person of any sort, is there may be something going on with the requirements.
Second, when I change 0 in ActionRequiresOwnedTile and ActionEffectTileHighlighting into 'false'. It's get error. Database.log get this [Gameplay] ERROR: CHECK constraint failed: GreatPersonIndividuals. No received great person anymore.
Huh, interesting. Maybe the system just takes 'false" from the XML and translates it to 0. TIL, huh? :)
I also rewrite FLAKING to FLANKING.
Great! Never hurts to get those fixed now. Let me know the information above

Are there existing equivalent bonuses for these already existing in the game? If so, I'd try substituting those for a test to see if those function properly or not. That'll tell us something about where things are failing to function. Wish there was more logging available but such is life. My guess, and it's only a guess since I've never done a custom Great Person of any sort, is there may be something going on with the requirements.
Well, with the requirement, I add THONG_CHE_LAND_REQUIREMENTS because the requirement copied AOE_LAND_REQUIREMENTS is not working too. But my requirement still not working instead. :((

Top Bottom