Grigory Music

Copper Golem

Goblin
I have searched forum, but didn't found anything about it, so this topic.

You see, when you are playing any other civ, but Grigory, you soon change "tribal" music to "religion" music. But Grigiry player should hear annoying "tribal" music all over the game. Yes, I know I could insert my own music in the game, but it wouldn't help Grigori all over the world. ;)

PS
and one more thing, When you are playing Grigory, Religions, sooner or later, would spread at your realm.
My some unit ability to show the truth of "gods" to Grigory people and wipes out all Religion from the city would be helpful?

Yes? religions doesn't affects Grigiry cities greatly, but it looks somewhat strange that Casiel sits and looks how "gods" corrupting his people?

I have searched forum, but didn't found anything about it, so this topic.

PS
and one more thing, When you are playing Grigory, Religions, sooner or later, would spread at your realm.
My some unit ability to show the truth of "gods" to Grigory people and wipes out all Religion from the city would be helpful?

Yes? religions doesn't affects Grigiry cities greatly, but it looks somewhat strange that Casiel sits and looks how "gods" corrupting his people?

Look it at an other way, they just have freedom of religion over there ;) Corrupting isnt an essiantial part of religion......:mischief: :lol:

Grigori HAVE such a unit, it is their equivalent of an Inquisitor but it is called Lunoothar or something like that. It has also different teh req.

Go to options and set up your custom music folder to be;

...\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2 025\Assets\Sounds\soundtrack

You'll now get to hear random tracks from all different religions. Nifty, eh? ;)

As for keeping Grigori cities religion-free; ironically, the best way to do this is by adopting the theocracy civic and 'cleansing' your cities of all faiths with Luonnatar units (available with Strength of Will, I think).

[NWO]_Valis;6038959 said:
Grigori HAVE such a unit, it is their equivalent of an Inquisitor but it is called Lunoothar or something like that. It has also different teh req.

ups, sorry, forget about them.
2jan030 no, Grigiry doesn't adopt religion freedom, They are religion free civilization. :lol:
But, Casisel doesn't implements Inqusition, but prefer Enlightenment .

2Shadius, custom music isn't an option. ;)

Ah yes, its a trait ofcourse, that wasnt what i meant....;-)
Look at them as a very liberal civilitation, doesnt matter what race, religion, sex or preference you are, as long as you dont bother anyone else with it. Then religion spreading doesnt matter then, does it?

Ah yes, its a trait ofcourse, that wasnt what i meant....;-)
Look at them as a very liberal civilitation, doesnt matter what race, religion, sex or preference you are, as long as you dont bother anyone else with it. Then religion spreading doesnt matter then, does it?

I think not. Grigiri are people of all nations, that's rigth.
But worshiping "gods" in Grigory realm isn't a crime. It is Casiels personal failure, he want his people to be free of "gods", religiong zeal and all this supernatural war, useless for humans (orcs, elves etc).
And becouse of this when people become cheated by enemy religion agents, Luonnatar would come and explane people what they "gods" are realy are, not buy iqusition flame, but by word.

Remember it is a fantasy world, with more supernatural. So I would imagine the laws in Grigoria are something like "Think what you want, say what you want, in fact pray if you want, but if you call forth power from the gods, we put you to the torch."
Meaning when there is religion, its people are either very secretive about it, or in it for the values/teaching/traditions rather than the powers and/or goals.

[NWO]_Valis;6038959 said:

They had such a unit. In version .25 the inquisition spell was switched to the newxml spell system, where it is only available to UNIT_INQUISITOR, not UNITCLASS_INQUISITOR. Therefore, the Luonnator have lost this ability.

After reading this thread I checked by playing a quick Gregori game (and cheating a lot) and confirmed this. Then I mentioned it on the bug thread. (I also suggested that instead of being given the monty python based inquisition spell they be given their own "enlighten" spell, which would be the same thing but be able to remove even the state religion from rival cities. I tend to mod it this was anyway)

As a whole the Grigori are rasied on the fact that "gods" exist but they view them as petulant children. After being indocdrinated with that its hard to turn to worship.

But remember that religions can spread into Grigori cities, its less likely than other civs but it can happen. Grigori people do occasionally convert to religions and Cassiel doesn't kill them for it (unlike what Basium would do to anyone worshipping the veil in his cities). Its just that Cassiel would never declare a state religion or stop teaching that the gods are wrong.

Speaking of state religions there has been a little confusion about the relationship between the civ leader and the state religion. In my mind the state religion doesn't have to be the leaders religion any more than it is in real life. But a state religion brings many benifits with it, most notable the blessings of that god and the happiness of your people. But I never imagined that Tebryn or OS-Gabella with a state religion ever really worshipped it themselves. Or that Falamar or Perpentach personally cared about any religion (okay Perpentach may really care about a religion, but only for a few minutes/hours/days).

Some leaders do care, I would imagine that Arendel and Varn are very into their state religion. But the players a free to imagine that as they will, its all a part of creating your own story.

One special note, some may think its weird that Sabathiel can opt to follow the veil. But Sabathiel has never entered creation, he dwells in a sacred chamber inside a Bannor temple, that room actually exists in the vault of Junil and only a few high priests can enter it to speak to and recieve orders from Sabathiel.

In the D&D game these priests became corrupt and for decades they passed off their own commands as Sabathiel's, claiming to have recieved guidance form him long after he abandoned the Bannor. In those games where the bannor become evil while being lead by Sabathiel I imagine that is what happened.

I suppose from a story perspective you can explain just about anything, but as far as the game goes we really try to leave things as open as possible.

Top Bottom