5 Esclavo (workers)
17 Canon (7 captured from AI) (Arty)
1 Canon Estruado (Arty)
25 Riflero Paraguayo Paraguay 6-5-1
8 Fuerte (Immobile Fortress) 0-5-0
12 Milicia Civil (Immobile) 0-4-0

1 Corsario
3 Vapor (transport)

The slow population growth and lack of units comes down to the constant war weariness riots! I need Cavalry units!!
Golden Age is done and my economy is churning out -1 Gold per turn. Oh but I do have 11 Gold in my treasury!
Brazil Cav killed up north
-Peruvians coming in hard. Tried for peace, but they wanted Olímpico, never!!!

Week 6
Rescued an Esclavo up north.
No longer researching anything, I need the Gold to keep this flailing economy barely afloat.
-In the Chaco regian we killed a Peruvian Cav and Inf, but lost a Civil Militia and Fuerte, the last fortress in the Chaco was taken over.
Ferocious attack in the Battle of Goya, where we killed 3 Argie SuperCavs, but our 3 Inf units couldn’t hold on and the town was lost as well as the 3 Canons to the Argies.

Week 9
Brazilian Cav killed in the north.
Argie Cav killed in south.
-Peru Inf killed, we lost an Inf unit too.
Inf lost in Coxim to Brazilians, there are now 7 enemy Inf surrounding the town to only 2 defenders with 3 Canons. We need a miracle!
Evil Bolivian Cavs arrive in the north too. We will show them no mercy!

Week 12
Peru Inf killed near Olímpico. 2 Argie Cav killed in south.
-Argie Cav killed in the Battle for Humaita, but our 2 Inf units failed to hold the town and Humaita was lost to the Argies!
In the Battle of Coxim. 3 Inf and 1 Cav killed, but our 2 Inf defenders also couldn’t hold on and along with 3 Canons, the town of Coxim was captured by the Brazilians!
GP05.jpg

Week 15
-Fuerte near Humaita lost.

Week 18
-2 Argie Cavs killed, but lost a Civil Militia in Asunción attacks.

Week 21
Killed Bolivian Cav and Inf! Any Bolivian dates enter Paraguayan territory will be met with the same fate!!!
-Another Bolivian Cav killed, no quarter offered!!!
Inf unit in Asunción lost, killed Urug Inf in the south.
1 Argie Cav killed and Civil Militia lost in defense of Asunción. My capital is slowly losing all of its defenders.
Braz Inf killed in Dourados.

Week 24
2 Argie Inf killed and 2 Canon captured near Corrientes! Yay!
-Large Peruvian attack launched on at Asunción and we Lost an Inf and Civil Militia, this was all I had left in the capital and the Peruvians were able to March right in!!!
Inf lost to Caporeista of Uruguay!!!’ Que???
Inf lost near Corrientes. Argie Army Unit appears and kills Inf in Encarnación.
In the battle for Dourados 7 capoeristas were killed with no losses!! I’ll take that!!!
GP06.jpg

Week 27
-Peru takes Encarnación and that’s were I’m calling game, just too much suffering! Yes I know the real life Paraguayans fought until their whole country was destroyed for generations, but I’m no masochist! I should probably play two levels down if choosing Paraguay! Sid level would be appropriate if playing Brazil or Argentina.

Changes
  1. the Argie SuperCav unit called Guardafronteras de something has too many advantages. Maybe just give them a movement of 4, without ignoring terrain and remove the Blitz!
  2. The Capoeristas should not be built by Uruguay, just Brazilians.
  3. Not sure on taking out the war weariness for Paraguay. Maybe it is more realistic for them to suffer throughout the war. But it just doesn’t make for a fun game at the higher levels I think.

Oh wait, that didn;t show up. Maybe it has to be a zip file. Going to try again...

Attachments

• Guerra del Paraguay Redux.zip
    70.5 KB · Views: 13
Top Bottom