• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Guerra's Cutthroat Rules.

Guerra

Warlord
I dislike all the CTON and such styles of play.

I started a new style of gameplay, cutthroat. I like it best on Pangaia with 8 players and over, standard map size. Can't be too small, but it shouldn't be big.

Anyways, Technology trading will be allowed, permanent alliances on and raging barbarians on.

The idea is to have a more realistic style gameplay, with lots of fluid alliances, backstabbing, and so on, just like real life. The only problem is when players quit, and the AI takes over and just ruins the whole thing.

But assuming we have mature and patient crowd, that enjoy diplomacy and the like, as well as warfare, it could be really fun.

I've had a few matches like this, and because of tech trading and alliances on, the game goes much faster, and less technologically advanced players somehow manage to stay afloat than when TT is off.

Anyways, if anyone is interested in a big cutthroat game, and I mean big.

Large map maybe standard size, 18 players, terra, and the rest with cutthroat rules. Contact me at:

andrewm_to@yahoo.ca

or just add me to your buddy list. The username is "Guerra". One day, I recommend we get like 5 hours free(yes, 5 hours) and just go bonkers.

It could be a lot of fun with committed players that have that much time on their hands.

Any suggestions?

The reason that so many people like CTON games is that there isn't nearly as much unfair double teaming as in other games. Everyone basically has the same chances, and no two people can agree to a non-agression pact.

I guess this is probably more popular with "famous" players than with less well known ones. Ever wonder why none of the top ladder players don't play in FFA's? It's because evenyone would declare war on them instantly once the game got going. Nobody ever attacked Greece in real life because their leader was too good.

FFA's can be fun, but it's not really fun to get teamed up on for no good reason. Anyway, good luck to the participants :)!

Have you ever played the game Risk?

Because its all about diplomacy.

CTON is all about productive capacity. Its impersonal. Its not like playing multiplayer.

Multiplayer is all about backstabbing, doubleteaming. The world isn't fair. People are sneaky and like to gang up.

Its about diplomacy. No matter who you are, you can get atleast one ally. Just because someone is going to double team you doesn't mean you can't double team them, first. Triple team. Or whatever.

Its about making deals with people. Diplomacy, my friend. Its what makes the game more fun.

Like the idea....the most fun games are when a couple of people team up on a third, but then a fourth (and/or fifth) person decides that one and two are now vulnerable...

Speaking of 'Diplomacy'.....that is still an awesome game, if anyone has ever played it. Talk about cut-throat.

edit: I have to say, though, that a cut-throat game like that would have to have timers off or slow to make it fun.

All my non CTON games have lots of diplomacy, at blazing.

There really doesn't need to be too much talking, you can always talk while other people do their turn or such.

When would this game be played?

Not sure, depends how many people are in, probably on a weekend, maybe clear up noon to 5 pm EST on a Saturday, next week or the week after?

Might take longer than 5 hours, though. We'll see. It'll be blazing speed, so maybe not.

Top Bottom