Guess the map 16: No need for that latitude!

kitty mortality rate?

Is UAE the only country in that highest band, 6.6-15.6?

Are they even in it? I can't tell if it's just the compactness of their borders making the color look darker.

But someone must be in it, or it wouldn't be an option in the key.

In fact, there should be at least two countries in it because it would be weird to have a band, if there's only one country in it; why not just 6.6+ in that case?
Yes it's the UAE, but knowing the countries won't help you much. I'll give the win to whoever gets close to what the data represents. It's like the game 20 questions or what some might know as "Botticelli", more than one where people use the countries to narrow it down. My fault for making it too esoteric! I should have used a different (broader) data set, but even that would be deceptive when viewed by country.

Is it related to fluid dynamics?

Interesting that Ceasefire says economy is related to whatever this is, because while UAE has the highest %, Yemen (poorest country in the Arab world) also has a high % too

It's low for most of Europe and Asia. No data for most of Africa but there's noticeably more yellow there than on other continents. So I'm guessing better economy ≈ lower % of whatever this is. Except UAE.

The main thing I can think of at the moment that the UAE has in common with poor countries is the relatively large % of sewage not treated by a modern sewage system, so that's my guess.

kitty mortality rate? No.
Is it related to fluid dynamics? No.
Related to natural resources? No.
Imported US Jeeps ? No.

...the relatively large % of sewage not treated by a modern sewage system, so that's my guess.
It can be related in some countries. (My interest stemmed from Morocco and why I suggested it as a joint
project with my sister who lives there.)

Related to wildlife? Yes and no. Depends on what you mean by "wild life".

Feral felines?

Toxoplasmosis cases as % of zoonotic infections?

This occurred to me as well, but I couldn't remember how to spell it. :crazyeye:

Close enough, (mercifully!). Apologies for the obscure, esoteric map.

The original map came from the attached (freely available paper.)
Fig 3. Prevalence of acute Toxoplasma infection (ATI) in pregnant women in different countries using geographic information system.

I should have used this map (which is quite scary!), but I got distracted. :)
toxo.png

My interest came from other papers I read which showed that a major problem in Morocco was getting information into remote regions. My sister takes art and craft tours into the Atlas Mountains and remote towns on the edge of the Sahara so I thought it was a good opportunity to disseminate information in an easy to read format. By chance she knew of a young Amazigh woman who is an engineer and artist and who produces zines on women's health issues.
mymap.png

Ali Rostami et al,
Acute Toxoplasma infection in pregnant women worldwide: A systematic review and meta-analysis
PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases | https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pntd.0007807 October 14, 2019.

Attachments

• Simplified-world-map-of-global-seroprevalence-for-T-gondi.jpg
    Simplified-world-map-of-global-seroprevalence-for-T-gondi.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 0
  • acute_toxo.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
Open floor.

Maybe @Valka D'Ur would like to post a new map?

(I probably wouldn't have thought of toxoplasmosis without her post)

Open floor.

Maybe @Valka D'Ur would like to post a new map?

(I probably wouldn't have thought of toxoplasmosis without her post)
Thank you. :) I'll give this some thought over the day and see what I can come up with tonight. Today's my final few hundred words for NaNoWriMo and I need those counted by midnight.

Okay, here we go:

MapChart Map1.png

Sorry for not making it more elaborate color-wise. I'm still learning how to do this, and in any case, once it's been guessed, I'll explain further.

Top Bottom