Guided Missiles

Couch Tomato

First Tomato Emperor
Is there any use for these at all? I never made them in Civ 4, nor have I made them in Civ 5. I've seen the comps use them a few times since the new patch, and they've done a measly 1-2 damage... which is absolutely ridiculous.

best thing about them is theres no maintenence

No maintenance... super cheap to build.... and monster one-time damage.... yes please!:D

I used them a bunch in a game last night. For some reason they are much more powerful than the stealth bombers that supposedly deal 80 damage. I was taking out 15+ points of a city's health with one missile, and only about 4-6 with a bombing run.

Guided missiles are awesome, for the first time. They deal a heck of a lot of damage -- they destroy ships, and heavily damage cities.

Most all, like they've said, they cost no maintenance. I find them great to reinforce my front lines in a long war -- it's a lot faster to launch guided missiles into enemy territory to save the life of a few tanks than to produce a new tank entirely and deploy it to the front.

So was it just a fluke that every time i've seen a guided missile, it does crap for damage? o_O

"Crap for damage"? Not in my experience. I've used them to batter previously full heath cities into the red line, sink destroyers (or at least heavily damage them) and take out infantry. The trade off of course is that they're only one time use but still they're well worth it IMO. :cool:

They are great in multiplayer. Instead of walk in, bombard, walk out I had walk in, bombard and being sink by my missiles. So they make all other units one time use ;).

Top Bottom