Hall of Fame Rules/FAQ

Bartleby said:
:blush: Sorry, I meant it's possible, not it's allowed.
Hey, no worries! I was actually pretty sure that's what you meant, but I didn't want there to be any confusion for anyone else. ;) :goodjob:

an old question, if one submit a 11th rank game, such as hugh demi Histo milk, it rank 11th, so don't be an entry on that table, but does it still be a entry in Histographic?

archphoenix said:
an old question, if one submit a 11th rank game, such as hugh demi Histo milk, it rank 11th, so don't be an entry on that table, but does it still be a entry in Histographic?

No, it won't count as a histographic entry.

thanks, :)

so I'd better abandon my HUGH demi milk game, I get 4000 at 950AD, and Karl_t_great submit a 6th game have got 6000 points at 1000AD. :(

There are only seven Huge Histo games at Demigod, so it would make the table. But can I understand that you want it to chart higher. :)

for the QM challenge, though, I dont think it's done by rank in a table, but by rank via score against all the other best games someone has had.

so if you are 1/2 way through, you might not make the top game, but you will get a lot of points.

Can I just check something...

I assume that it's OK to make some moves in the "turn after victory" before submitting; for instance if I win by diplomacy, I can then wipe out the other civs and then save and submit?

Bartleby said:
There are only seven Huge Histo games at Demigod, so it would make the table. But can I understand that you want it to chart higher. :)

thanks, at that time, I show some cowardly, the Demi-Huge-Histo slot is hot, current is 7, but if two more submit, My low-quality submission will be kick. :(
but sometime I fill my courage, and now the game progressed from 950AD to 1070AD. :D

Bartleby said:
Can I just check something...

I assume that it's OK to make some moves in the "turn after victory" before submitting; for instance if I win by diplomacy, I can then wipe out the other civs and then save and submit?
Yes, that's fine. :)

Why isn't archphoenix ahead of me on the quartermaster table?

Marsden said:
Why isn't archphoenix ahead of me on the quartermaster table?
Interesting visual anomaly due to the rounding. You're 2.8075 and he's 2.815...

I was reading through some HOF writeups whan I read "I checked 3000 games with MapFinder to get this start". Could someone explain this process to me, please, and how it relates to the rules. In other words, what is the best permitted way to get a good startup? Thanks.

Using Mapfinder to generate start positions is a legal program to use for HOF games. Player's leave the program running Civ, starting new maps over and over while they're at work, asleep, etc. When they have time, they sit down and go through the save files to play the good ones, and there are sometimes thousands of maps to go through.

To be precise, download mapfinder. You can find a link to it in the customization and utility program section.

There are directions that are pretty easy to follow.

And then you select what you want for a start - MapFinder will automatically create maps and if the starts match what you want, it saves it and moves on.

Finding the right mapfinder settings is part of the challenge. For a game like this, you usually want a start with at least a cow or a wheat (but most people look for a cow) and rivers - not lake, but river, because you want the commerce. For a 20K game, though, you might also need hills and perhaps coast. For a domination game, you might just want food and freshwater.

AutomatedTeller said:
Finding the right mapfinder settings is part of the challenge. For a game like this, you usually want a start with at least a cow or a wheat (but most people look for a cow) and rivers
Found four starts with plenty of rivers and cows x 2! :) That was after an overnight run of 2000 trials. Utterly fantastic. Will help hugely my efforts to play a level or so higher without agri. Many thanks to you both.

(I feel like a Neandertal who's just noticed other folks rubbing sticks together and getting sparks. :blush: Must read up more about utilities.)

Top Bottom