Hall of Fame Rules/FAQ

I have a question regarding the use of utility programs for HoF submissions.

I used to use CivAssist, but after getting Vista I haven't been able to get it to work. Since then I haven't used utilities. Now I have a huge histograph game going and would like to have some sort of way to see how close I am to the domination limit other than F11.

My question is if CRpMapStat is allowed in HoF games, and if there are some settings that are disallowed?

If someone know of other HoF-allowed utilities that works with Vista and can show the domination tiles I would be very interested...

YES, CRpMapStat is allowed in HOF games. (There is a Spoiler setting.) I just finished a Huge Histographic myself (today actually) and used that utility for guarding my DL.

I also use CivAssistII, SirPleb's Date/Score Calculator and my own spreadsheet.......And, the CRpViewer to keep an eye on the competition!

However, I use plain old Windows XP, too! :)

Edit: X-post due to slow typing! :blush:

What level EMan? Can you provide us with a link before the update (click on the link on your submissions page and give us the address there)?

Warlord Level.

I'll be happy to give you the link........As soon as the game is accepted! (Not that I've ever had a game rejected, but I think that would be more appropriate, no?) :)

Thanks EMan, but that led me to a page without anything there. I guess only you and the HoF staff can access that page or something.

Yes, that's what I was thinking, too!

If you (or anyone else) PM me, I'd be happy to respond. :)

Thanks EMan, but that led me to a page without anything there. I guess only you and the HoF staff can access that page or something.

You are correct, until it's published in the next update, then it will be published.

Any more would be telling. ;)

I have a question about user-created maps: I didn't see anything on the HoF page about those types of maps (other than scenarios, but I'm not sure this would be one), but I assume that they would not be permitted? I was interested in using Kal-El's Earth map.

I apologize if the question has been answered already.

Can I give away cities and on the same turn declare war to get them back, take them with cavalry on the same turn, and a few turns later extract technology and gpt for peace? I'm talking about a distant neighbor here who is powerless to do anything about this tactic.

I currently have a Huge Histographic game going. I'd like to post some screenshots from non-4000 BC, 1000 BC, 10 AD, 1000 AD, and 2050 AD turns which I've already completed. Any problems with submission if I load up an old save and post a screenie, then click out of that save?

Also, what's the policy on posting saves for games that haven't gotten submitted yet?

No problem with opening up archived saves for screenies. Just don't move units around, alter builds, etc until after your game has been submitted.

Please don't post game files until after submission though.

Edit: Good luck with your game!

Careful what you wish for Tone. If I have luck, I'll beat your top score, even though I believe I have a domination limit of some 300 tiles less than you.

The Rules state: "Giving the AI more gpt that you can afford or accepting more gpt than the AI can afford.

This is disallowed as it results in putting 'free' money into the international economy. While fixed for C3C, it is banned for all versions for the sake of consistency. "

Did they really fix this for Conquests? I know you can do this:

Step 1: You give: gpt
They give: resource or luxury

Step 2: You give: techs
They give: gpt

Then you cut the roads at your borders or around your capital. Won't that create negative gpt for the AI?

Top Bottom