Hall of Fame

SK138

Warlord
I play Civ5 using my laptop and my desktop. Is there a way to link the hall of fame so they are the same on both computers.?

There is a folder with all the hall of fame info in your Civ5 user folder. I don't know of any way to sync the data in that folder between two computers. You would have to manually copy the files to the other machine whenever you would switch over to the other machine.

There is a folder with all the hall of fame info in your Civ5 user folder. I don't know of any way to sync the data in that folder between two computers. You would have to manually copy the files to the other machine whenever you would switch over to the other machine.

wouldn't that delete the files on the machine you are copying the files on?

I kind of figured this is what would have to be done. I never finished a game on the laptop, only on the desktop, so copying the files wouldn't be too big a deal. I just wish they implemented the hall of fame with steam or something so it syncs between computers.

Does anyone know of any way to fix your HoF when it is broken?? My HoF used to have about 100 entries, mostly victories of various types, which I could scroll through. Now it only shows six entries and I can't scroll, and I see a message: "You have not yet completed any games."

Yeah, I know this is a pretty insignificant thing, and I could always delete the whole HoF file and just start over again, but I don't want to do that and really don't feel like playing the game any more because my HoF is broken.:sad:

Does anyone know of any way to fix your HoF when it is broken?? My HoF used to have about 100 entries, mostly victories of various types, which I could scroll through. Now it only shows six entries and I can't scroll, and I see a message: "You have not yet completed any games."

Yeah, I know this is a pretty insignificant thing, and I could always delete the whole HoF file and just start over again, but I don't want to do that and really don't feel like playing the game any more because my HoF is broken.:sad:

The whole hall of fame is nothing but a database located in the documents folder, there is probably a broken entry that messes it all up. Deleting the troublemaker should fix your issue
Otherwise if the problem lies in your database itself, you could probably copy all entries into a new one and fix it like that.

I have the same exact problem

It fixed itself!:) I guess.:p I was working with Paul at the 2K Support site a few weeks ago; he suggested several solutions, one after another, and none of them worked. Paul's final suggestion: "Open up steam; right click on civ 5 and click on properties on here; go on the local files tab on here; can you verify integrity please." I did that, and at the end of the process it said that '1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired.' Then it looks like a file was downloaded, but when I restarted the game & checked the HoF -- it was still messed up.

I haven't played Civ V for awhile, because I didn't like not having my old Hall of Fame, but would go look at it every week or so, and would find that the HoF was still messed up. In fact, I checked it on April 28th -- just to be able to quote the problem correctly when I posted to this thread -- and it was still messed up.

I just now went back to 2K Support to look at the running dialogue. The last entry was April 11 when Paul said he was kicking the problem up another level. I said "OK," and then waited (nothing else ever happened). Now I see a big boxed note: "This request has been deemed solved Apr-18."

Top Bottom