:) Halo Mod!!!! PLEASE READ :)

shippokirara

Chieftain
I am currently working on a mod based off halo. i dont have a download YET because its on my home computer but give it a few days because my computer is incredibly slow and i want to finish the initial code. i am looking for help with the mod and am now asking anyone who can to help me. i need unit art and i need people to help with some ideas. anyone who wants to help please come to me u can post here or pm me. i really need help with the halo mod. currently i have a small incomplete list of some things that will be in my mod. here it is

Units
Covenant
Grunt (plasma pistol)
Grunt (needler)
Suicide Grunt
Grunt (fixed turret)
Jackle (plasma pistol)
Jackle (needler)
Jackle (sniper)
Elite (carrying plasma turret)
Elite (plasma rifle)
Elite (needler)
Elite comander (plasma sword)
Brute Commander (brute shot)
Brute Commander (grav hammer)
Wraith
AntiAir Wraith
Ghost
Banshee
Scarab
Hunter
Vampire
Engineer
Covenant Air Artillery

Humans
Marines (assault rifle)
Marines (rocket launcher)
Marine (sniper)
Marine (turret fixed)
ODST (rocket launcher)
ODST (Shot gun)
ODST (smg surpressed)
ODST (carry turret)
ODST (sniper)
Scorpion Main Battle Tank
Warthog scout vehicle (no gun)
Warthog attack vehicle (minigun)
Rocket Hog
Wolverine
Hornet
Cyclops
Spartan (spartan laser)
Spartan (assault rifle)
Spartan (plasma sword)
Police Pelican (no weapons! And police sign)
Pelican Transport (minigun in loading area and two guns in the front)
Attack Pelican (rockets and guns)
Sparrow Hawk
Cobra

Special buildings

Covenant

Sheild Generators (fort)
Warehouse (resources)

Humans

UNSC Elephant (fort)
Supply Pad (all resources)

From what I understand, Microsoft is really unkind to Halo mods, so I'd suggest making your mod inspired by the Halo universe from the start, and don't even try emulating/stealing their graphics. Sounds like an interesting mod, otherwise.

From what I understand, Microsoft is really unkind to Halo mods, so I'd suggest making your mod inspired by the Halo universe from the start, and don't even try emulating/stealing their graphics. Sounds like an interesting mod, otherwise.

Microsoft being a multibillion dollar multinational corporation can certainly make things uncomfortable for a person that's just modding. At the end of the day though they would need to demonstrate that the mod has caused damages (monetary or otherwise) to the Halo label in order to actually bring harm to person that is working on their own time without compensation (a modder). Of course the spirit of the law has been so bastardized by greed in the World today that Microsoft would probably just bribe the judge/jury to win a suit against a modmaker anyway. So it's not like you can get justice in the courtroom today, justice no longer exists in modern copyright and patent law. Still, you'd certainly be morally right to build a Halo mod (provided you weren't being monetarily compensated for it), and legally speaking it would make for an interesting case if anyone was actually brave enough to stand up to the wicked bastards that work in Microsoft's legal department.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halogen

From what I understand, if a company doesn't challenge infringements, there's a slight risk of loosing the rights, something one wouldn't want to risk with a giant franchise like Halo.

Actually in that instance Microsoft's move to block the production of Halogen made sense on multiple levels. It was being produced by an entity Slipstream Productions, and not just a modder at home. I thought you were saying Microsoft was slapping "Cease & Desist" orders on ordinary people for making hobby mods, which I don't think would win in court if someone actually stood up to it (because it's pretty rediculous to assert a hobby modder is causing damages to the Halo franchise). Things change entirely when we go from the realm of individual hobbyists to non person group entities, as in this example where Microsoft blocked development of a product Halogen, by the entity Slipstream Productions.

I was so dissapointed when they shut Halogen down :(
I wish you the best of luck with your Halo mod though :) My advice would be, either as it was already stated, make your own universe thats inspired but not a copy of halo, or, keep at it, just keep it to this forum. If you start making as much noise as Halogen did, theres definately gonna be some trouble.

anyone working here?

Top Bottom