Hammer Overflow

Does this mean that I could chop 4 post-mathS forests with my city on wealth whilst researchin CoL and use 80 'stored' hammers to build a courthouse in 1 turn as soon as I have gained the tech

(By the way, I'm aware the last comment was 2 years ago!!!! LOL)

Lewis

I think so.

Yes and it would be 120 hammers stored after maths. Or put stone, OR and a forge in there too and you could pump 300 hammers immediately into Chichen Itza instead (if you wanted a crappy wonder :lol:)

That's awesome - thanks for the reply. I guess this another of Civ 4's high-level trade secrets :)

Yeah, Chicken Itcher is a pile of w*nk. Looks nice tho :D

Just out of interest, is it 120h and not just the 80h because chopping a near forest with Maths is 30h and not the 20h I thought it was?

Cheers

Correctamundo, a chop on one of the city's owned tiles is 20h to that city. It used to be 30h but it was nerfed a long time ago so that the "full" 30h did not come till mathmematics. Something to do with calculating the angle the trees will fall at maybe :dunno:

Correctamundo, a chop on one of the city's owned tiles is 20h to that city. It used to be 30h but it was nerfed a long time ago so that the "full" 30h did not come till mathmematics. Something to do with calculating the angle the trees will fall at maybe :dunno:

I always thought pre Maths the Workers stole some of the wood chopped from the trees to use for there houses. But post Maths the inspector guy knows how to count and now knows when some of the logs are missing and so forces the Workers (on threat of execution) to return them.

I'm relatively overflow-illiterate. I just let BUG mod tell me how many hammers I'll have coming from a whip or whatever.

Overflow is capped at the cost of the thing being produced IIRC.

Firaxis vexed me greatly by introducing a bug in overflow in 3.19 and never, ever fixing it. Overflow beyond the cap used to be converted into :gold:, but 3.17 and before it would keep the :hammers: multipliers from traits, resources, etc and convert that amount into gold. Apparently Firaxis intended to still allow overflow but not the multiplier bonus...however like in the vast majority of cases with Firaxis the coding was pretty incompetent (considering unofficial 3.17 patch had it working the way 3.19 was intended to work, and wasn't even done on a payroll!) and the "patch" simply removed overflow entirely.

The net result of this was a massive nerf to the protective trait.

Read that again. Firaxis nerfed protective. Seriously. Nothing proved to me that Firaxis was out of touch like them allowing things like "unit moving before you can give it orders" and "control hotkeys don't work" in a release title to remain in EVERY SINGLE PATCH while going OUT OF THEIR WAY to NERF the WEAKEST trait on purpose...and on top of this DOUBLE FAILING by introducing a BUG!

To this day, it is possible to control click a group of units, and not have that unit type selected. To shift click on a stack and watch nothing happen at all. To have intended features like waypoints unusable in competitive settings because there's no basic interruption algorithm for the pathing (seriously? That's stuff that games did in the 1990's too). To DECLARE WAR when simply trying to open a trade screen.

Firaxis response to known issues with controls, a broken VC (AP), borked vassal state mechanics, etc? INTRODUCE A BUG WHILE TRYING TO NERF THE WEAKEST TRAIT!

Derp derp derp derp.

I always thought pre Maths the Workers stole some of the wood chopped from the trees to use for there houses. But post Maths the inspector guy knows how to count and now knows when some of the logs are missing and so forces the Workers (on threat of execution) to return them.

LOL I love this one.

I love putting a logic on these things. My favorite one that I told someone was that Rome had Representation without Constitution because when Julius was shaggin Cleopatra she let him use the Pyramids so he could civic swap to it.

I love the mechanic where I think I'm hitting "enter" for "next turn" and because the diplo screen for AI meeting sneaks up on you, you accidentally declare war. I have to watch where the cursor is pointing in order to prevent that (auto-highlights "peace in our time" instead).

Overflow is capped at the cost of the thing being produced IIRC.

Firaxis vexed me greatly by introducing a bug in overflow in 3.19 and never, ever fixing it. Overflow beyond the cap used to be converted into :gold:, but 3.17 and before it would keep the :hammers: multipliers from traits, resources, etc and convert that amount into gold. Apparently Firaxis intended to still allow overflow but not the multiplier bonus...
Has this been fixed in BUG/BAT? Because last game I wanted to try this and double-chop-whipped a barracks at one remaining turn and got roughly 70 gold for the effort. Pretty sure I'm on 3.19, no other mods installed.

BAT includes a (slightly modified) BULL. BULL includes the Unofficial Patch. The Unofficial Patch includes a fix for the overflow.

So:
No for BUG (which does not even include a custom DLL).
Yes for BULL.
Yes for BAT.
Don't know (and didn't check) for BUFFY.
Yes for Better BAT AI.

I think that covers the entire BUG family, except all those illegitimate offspring: other people's mods that include it.

i use BUG and it always says "whip now and get some oveflow hammers and some gold" and then i do and there is never, a literal never, any gold at all. i have wondered what the deal here is many times.

Top Bottom