Hamm's Great Writer Collection

I'd sell my soul for a quote from the "English, motherf*cker, do you speak it?" scene from Pulp Fiction.

Hm... I find it kinda odd that you have Isabel Allende there but not Pablo Neruda or Gabriela Mistral who are, well, the actual Nobel Prizes from Chile.

Neruda in particular has some pretty nifty ones. :)

You could consider adding the book "Leaving Las Vegas" by John O'Brien. Lots of great quotes to choose from.
The one coming to mind first is the following, though I'm actually not sure if it's only a quote from the film adaption of the same name, which isn't all that great, and not actually supporting in the book:

"I can't remember if my wife left me because I started drinking or if I started drinking because my wife left me."

I have a lot of suggestions, just need to find good quotes from them.

Gabriela Mistral:

We said it, enraptured,
and believed it perfectly,
that we would all be queens
and would one day reach the sea.
(We Were All to be Queens, Tala)

Pablo Neruda:

Tonight I can write the saddest lines.
Write, for example,'The night is shattered
and the blue stars shiver in the distance.'
The night wind revolves in the sky and sings.
(Today I can write the saddest lines)
---

Yeah, both are kinda clichéd, but I guess they are good introductions to both poets.

One last one...

Nicanor Parra:

It is with great satisfaction
That I take advantage of this marvelous
opportunity
Made available to me by the science of death
To clarify a few issues ....

"What the Dead Man Said about Himself"

Realy Oh Boy, okay then:...all wear green; said a soft but very distinct voice, beginning in the middle of a sentence, "and Delta Children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly colour. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."

There was a pause; then the voice began again.

"Alpha children wear grey They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm really awfuly glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able …"

The Director pushed back the switch. The voice was silent. Only its thin ghost continued to mutter from beneath the eighty pillows.

"They'll have that repeated forty or fifty times more before they wake; then again on Thursday, and again on Saturday. A hundred and twenty times three times a week for thirty months. After which they go on to a more advanced lesson."

Roses and electric shocks, the khaki of Deltas and a whiff of asafœtida–wedded indissolubly before the child can speak. But wordless conditioning is crude and wholesale; cannot bring home the finer distinctions, cannot inculcate the more complex courses of behaviour. For that there must be words, but words without reason. In brief, hypnopædia.

"The greatest moralizing and socializing force of all time."

The students took it down in their little books. Straight from the horse's mouth.

Once more the Director touched the switch.

"… so frightfully clever," the soft, insinuating, indefatigable voice was saying, "I'm really awfully glad I'm a Beta, because …"
By the way have you read nineteen eighty four? it's one of my favorite books.

"Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the wost".
Thomas Paine, The Age Of Reason.

Speed Racer

[Japanese theme song]

Chorus: Maha Go, Go, Go! / His wind shakes the hairpin curve / What a thrilling crossing, Go! Go, go! / The Mach Five with its white body / Strength is his inheritance / If he starts to race, he won't finish in behind / He'll keep going, till he reaches the finish line! / Maha Go Go! Maha Go Go! Maha Go Go Go! / He'll keep on the accelerator to the ends of the Earth / Young life, Go! Go, go! / Number Five of the Mach auto / Everybody come and watch his talent / A great fire burns in his hearth / Tear along the highway of justice! / Maha Go Go! Maha Go Go! Maha Go Go Go!

Attack On Titan

"We're born free. All of us. Free. Some don't believe it, some try to take it away. To hell with them! Water like fire, mountains of ice, the whole bit. Lay your eyes on that, and you'll know what freedom is, that it's worth fighting for! Fight to live, risk it all for even a glimmer of real freedom! It doesn't matter what's waiting outside the gate, or what comes in! It doesn't matter how cruel the world can be, or how unjust! Fight. Fight. Fight. FIGHT! FIGHT!!!"

— Eren Yeager, just as he is about to plug the breach in Trost's gate.

"I'M GOING TO KILL EVERY LAST TITAN AND GARGLE ON THEIR BLOOD! BUT NOT BEFORE I TEACH THEM HOW TO SPEAK SO THEY CAN BEG FOR MERCY BEFORE I KILL THEM SLOWLY AND PAINFULLY!!!!"

Eren Yeager after losing thy parent.

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

"Well after we eat, lets go hit the club and have ourselves a little f#ckfest! F#ck that guy! F#ck this guy! those guys! Lets find everything that has a dick and F#CK IT! I'M TOTALLY F#CKING STOKED!"

Panty well being Panty.

F-Zero: GP Legend and Climax

Ryu Suzaku:BOOST FIRE! FULL POWER!
Black Shadow:My Dream!
Captain Falcon:Black Shadow! It seems hell is a fate we both share.
Ryu Suzaku:Captain Falcon!
Captain Falcon:The name Captain Falcon... is a title given to worthy of it. Ryu Suzaku, As of today you are the new Captain Falcon.
Black Shadow:I will not die! nor will my dream!
Captain Falcon:FALCON PUNCH!

The Martian By Andy Weir

I’m pretty much f#cked.That’s my considered opinion.F#cked.Six days into what should be the greatest two months of my life,and it’s turned into a nightmare.I don’t even know who’ll read this. I guess someone will find iteventually. Maybe a hundred years from now.

Would be open to doing great musicians as well?

Updated the mod (v 4):
  • Added A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
  • Added Blood Diamond by Edward Zwick
  • Added The Lion King by Roger Allers
  • Added Game of Thrones by David Benioff (Requested by 1+1=)
  • Added The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (Requested by DoctorMcGann)
  • Added Pulp Fiction by Quentin Tarantino (Requested by multiple people)
  • Added Leaving Las Vegas by John o’Brien (Requested by Danmacsch)
  • Added We Were All to be Queens, Tala by Gabriel Mistral (Requested by Hoop Thrower)
  • Added Today I Can Write the Saddest Lines by Pablo Neruda (Requested by Hoop Thrower)
  • Added What the Dead Man Said about Himself by Nicanor Parra (Requested by Hoop Thrower)
  • Added Brave New World by Aldous Huxley (Requested by Kerrigan)
  • Added 2001: A Space Odyssey by Stanley Kubrick (Requested by zgst1115)
  • Added Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Terry Gilliam (Requested by zgst1115)
  • Added Batman: The Animated Series by Paul Dini (Requested by zgst1115)
  • Added Firefly by Joss Whedon (Requested by multiple people)
  • Added Banjo-Kazooie by Gregg Meyles (Requested by zgst1115)
  • Added Minecraft by Markus Persson (Requested by zgst1115)
  • Added Fire Emblem Awakening by Kouhei Maeda (Requested by zgst1115)
  • Added Steins;Gate by Chiyomaru Shikura (Requested by Dankineer)
  • Added Star Trek by Gene Roddenberry (Requested by Swetcan)
  • Added The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood (Requested by Kerrigan)
  • Added Neuromancer by William Gibson (Requested by Kerrigan)
  • Added We by Yevgeny Zamyatin (Requested by Kerrigan)
  • Added The Road by Cormac McCarthy (Requested by Kerrigan)
  • Added Metropolis by Fritz Lang (Requested by Kerrigan)
  • Added Fallout by Brian Fargo (Requested by Kerrigan)
  • Added The Republic by Plato (Requested by Kerrigan)
  • Added The Martian by Andy Weir (Requested by Kerrigan)
  • Added The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams (Requested by Kerrigan)
There were some I didn’t add, for several reasons – among them because some were included in this mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=181362854 and because adding 29 new great works was enough.

I'll update it on steam tomorrow, I am way to tired now. Need to sleeeeep...

Updated the mod (v 4):
  • Added A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
  • Added Blood Diamond by Edward Zwick
  • Added The Lion King by Roger Allers
  • Added Game of Thrones by David Benioff (Requested by 1+1=)
  • Added The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (Requested by DoctorMcGann)
  • Added Pulp Fiction by Quentin Tarantino (Requested by multiple people)
  • Added Leaving Las Vegas by John o’Brien (Requested by Danmacsch)
  • Added We Were All to be Queens, Tala by Gabriel Mistral (Requested by Hoop Thrower)
  • Added Today I Can Write the Saddest Lines by Pablo Neruda (Requested by Hoop Thrower)
  • Added What the Dead Man Said about Himself by Nicanor Parra (Requested by Hoop Thrower)
  • Added Brave New World by Aldous Huxley (Requested by Kerrigan)
  • Added 2001: A Space Odyssey by Stanley Kubrick (Requested by zgst1115)
  • Added Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Terry Gilliam (Requested by zgst1115)
  • Added Batman: The Animated Series by Paul Dini (Requested by zgst1115)
  • Added Firefly by Joss Whedon (Requested by multiple people)
  • Added Banjo-Kazooie by Gregg Meyles (Requested by zgst1115)
  • Added Minecraft by Markus Persson (Requested by zgst1115)
  • Added Fire Emblem Awakening by Kouhei Maeda (Requested by zgst1115)
  • Added Steins;Gate by Chiyomaru Shikura (Requested by Dankineer)
  • Added Star Trek by Gene Roddenberry (Requested by Swetcan)
  • Added The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood (Requested by Kerrigan)
  • Added Neuromancer by William Gibson (Requested by Kerrigan)
  • Added We by Yevgeny Zamyatin (Requested by Kerrigan)
  • Added The Road by Cormac McCarthy (Requested by Kerrigan)
  • Added Metropolis by Fritz Lang (Requested by Kerrigan)
  • Added Fallout by Brian Fargo (Requested by Kerrigan)
  • Added The Republic by Plato (Requested by Kerrigan)
  • Added The Martian by Andy Weir (Requested by Kerrigan)
  • Added The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams (Requested by Kerrigan)
There were some I didn’t add, for several reasons – among them because some were included in this mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=181362854 and because adding 29 new great works was enough.

I'll update it on steam tomorrow, I am way to tired now. Need to sleeeeep...

Thank you.

If you still feel like adding stuff to this, consider Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K. Jerome. It's a real classic of a book with plenty of hilarious quotes.
Maybe also Princess Bride (Book by William Goldman/Film by Rob Reiner) or The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster.

What are the chances for the quotes being voiced by charlatan alley?

If you still feel like adding stuff to this, consider Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K. Jerome. It's a real classic of a book with plenty of hilarious quotes.
Maybe also Princess Bride (Book by William Goldman/Film by Rob Reiner) or The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster.

I will do another update this autumn, and I'll include these! :)

What are the chances for the quotes being voiced by charlatan alley?

Literally zero. I don't know him.

I agree, that would be awesome, & may i request The Quran & Sri Guru Granth Sahib & The Man in the High Castle.

Hm, I don't know if I'm allowed to quote the Quran. :p

Hm, I don't know if I'm allowed to quote the Quran. :p

Muslims are not made of glass.

Since it's said to be the writhed word of god, you could say "by god" or unknow author.

Yes, but Mohammad recorded it (or, at least, some of his scribes), and this should be sufficient.

BTW, there's a quote from Leviathan here, isn't there? Or in vanilla? There had better be :scan:

Could you add H.P. Lovecraft? "That is not dead which can eternal lie, and in strange aeons even death may die." or the famous chant of the Cthulhu cultists would be great to see in game!

Edit: That was just off the top of my head. Here's a great quote from The Shadow Over Innsmouth, similar to Orwell's "He loved Big Brother" one. It also includes a few of Lovercraft's favorite adjectives and a better example of his prose in general.

"I shall plan my cousin’s escape from that Canton madhouse, and together we shall go to marvel-shadowed Innsmouth. We shall swim out to that brooding reef in the sea and dive down through black abysses to Cyclopean and many-columned Y’ha-nthlei, and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory for ever."

Top Bottom