Has anyone heard anything from Firaxis/2K?

As you a product developer you earn money by giving the customers what they want and apperently, this game is not what most customers want. In other words, this project (along with Railroads!) has been nothing but a big failure for the company, which of course will lower Firaxis future income.

We've seen tons of threads were players not only point out issues with the game, but also come up with their own ideas of how these problems can be solved.

If 100 people complain about the same thing, they are doing the developers a HUGE favour.

For example, if you buy dinner, don't you complain if the food taste bad? Are you afraid of hurting the chefs feelings? No, you're giving them a chance to keep you as a customer instead of just walking away angry and hungry.

The lurking variable could be that those who post on this forum might not be representative of all those you buy and play the game.

The lurking variable could be that those who post on this forum might not be representative of all those you buy and play the game.

True, but I think we can agree on that many the people posting here are regular customers and you know what they say:

Regular customers are worth ten times more than other customers.

That has nothing to do with patches. However, I don't think they'll turn the game upside down with them, but rather fix what's perceived as broken or unbalanced. People will eventually have to accept this is not the original Colonization and deal with it.

With all the time you spend here kissing Firaxis ass and shooting down anyone who has anything to say about the game that doesn't consist solely of praise and adulation, I'm surprised you have any time at all to actually play the game. Perhaps if you spent more time doing that and less on your knees before the devs, you just might be able to see some glimmer of what everyone else is talking about.

Or not. You and that wannabe Axxon seem to be a deliberately dim bulbs when it comes to any criticism whatsoever of Firaxis.

Max

Moderator Action: Warned - Flaming
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

With all the time you spend here kissing Firaxis ass and shooting down anyone who has anything to say about the game that doesn't consist solely of praise and adulation, I'm surprised you have any time at all to actually play the game. Perhaps if you spent more time doing that and less on your knees before the devs, you just might be able to see some glimmer of what everyone else is talking about.

Or not. You and that wannabe Axxon seem to be a deliberately dim bulbs when it comes to any criticism whatsoever of Firaxis.

Max
Excuse me, but I have acknowledged the game has various issues. I'm also actively contributing ideas to Dale/Snoopy's patch mod and presenting bugs there whenever I can find them. I never said Firaxis has done a perfect job with Civ4Col, but have repeatedly stated I trust the problems will be fixed through patches.

Civ3 and Civ4 also had problems on release, and it reflected on these forums just as it is happening with Civ4Col. They were eventually patched into the awesome games they were supposed to be. Given it's how Firaxis has been working lately, I trust it will happen the same with Civ4Col. Right know I'm asking people to have patience, so that's why I get annoyed whenever yet another thread about the REF problem shows up.

But I don't know why I'm being civil towards you. You didn't bother to read more than three of my posts, scattered across this subforum, and jumped to the most idiotic conclusion you could come up with.

It's nice to see your first contribution to the forum in three years is nothing more than an uninformed, baseless accusation. A blatant flame.

Moderator Action: Warned - Trolling.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Top Bottom