Has Firaxis ever considered doing a Natural Disasters Expansion?

WHAT ABOUT VOLCANOES AND EARTHQUAKES BEING NOT ENTIRELY RANDOM

VOLCANOES

VOLCANOES BEING TERRAIN MODIFIERS WITH VOLCANIC SOIL PROVIDING +3 :c5food:AND +1 :c5production: VERSUS THE STANDARD AND THE VOLCANO PROVIDING + :tourism: AND WITH EACH ERUPTION DAMAGING THE TERRAIN AND KILLING THE POP WORKING IT

EARTHQUAKES

EARTHQUAKE AREAS WOULD BE DISCOVERED WHEN A UNIT SEES IT TREMOR AT A CERTAIN ERA (CLASSICAL) AND AT A CERTAIN ERA (MODERN) YOU WOULD HAVE A FAULT LINE MAP BUT THE CATCH IS THAT THEIR ARE SOME OF THE BEST TILES THERE AND CERTAIN WHOLE COASTLINES WOULDBE COVERED

Communitas mods have random events. There are also some other changes you will have to deal with as well, but overall they claim it is to better the game.

Here's a link

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=86369999

If you wanna play a little different civ 5 game try this mod

Hmmm... hard toi tell if this does what I`m looking for. Also it makes too many changes to the default game like a lot of mods seem to do, but i`ll give it a look thanks. :) I`m glad there`s a no Steam version too. Always best to install without Steam imho.

Well I like playing games like this to deal with issues real leaders have to face throughout history, including `op` and unfair disasters.
Not everybody "just" plays Civ as history simulator (which it isn't that good at anyway). For many, Civ is about the strategy and planning aspect. Imagine chess where somebody randomly barges in and knocks off some of your pieces. But it only happens every other game or so. Chess that way would be weird.

Now, I find random events fun, but I get why people don't find it fun. That's why some play chess and some poker.

For many civ4 veterans civ5 is already a disaster by itself since 2010! :lol:

Top Bottom