Hawk03-5CC Persian Astronauts

lurker's comment: Looks like a nice starting location... lots of food and grasslands. Looking forward to this one as I hope to get Germany in space before y'all.

Do we have a roster yet? I can play tomorrow, unless someone wants it sooner. I also wonder, do we want to pursue the Colossus? The extra income would really be nice, and at Monarch we have a decent shot at it. Last but not least, do we have any ideas for a dotmap?

Choxorn- I was as surprised as you. I thought it would take 4 turns to build that Warrior, but it appeared the next turn. Maybe the city expanded, so it came earlier.
How about this for a roster:

Hawk Chieftain- Just played
The Overseer- Next
Choxorn- On Deck
Sk8boardbob
Killerkid

Does that work for everyone?

Could I be moved up in the roster? I'll be able to play over the weekend for sure, but weekdays are iffy.

As for dotmap, I think 2nd city should go in black spot near German archer, or 1 NE of it.

It's not great land, but 4 NW of capital could also be a city spot.

I'm fine with killerkid being before me in the roster.

I have finished a short but important turn-set. The Germans are going to be our first war, I have a distinct feeling. They have an archer beside our capital, and Germany is know for early wars. I saved without asking them to leave, so that we could have a team discussion. My opinion, ask them to leave. If they DoW us then, we defend. If they do a "surprise attack" on the IBT, our defender might die, but we have one other warrior, plus one that will finish then. We need their Ivory, so let them be the aggressor first, then we can go after them. I think the Colossus should be built, war or not. Maybe spit an archer or two and a worker out first. Here is my turn-log:
Spoiler :

Pre-flight: CivAssist 2, Word running. Get the save loaded. Look things over.

Non-Combat:
Workers 1
Settler 1
Military:
Warriors 2

Hit enter=>

IBT: Nada

Turn 1, 2950 BC: Move warrior 2 to mountain, warrior 1 north. Realize lux slider is at 50%, right now, we need none, Alphabet drops to 9 turns. The lack of nearby luxes is a very serious problem.

Turn 2, 2900 BC: Move settler toward the cow.

IBT: German settler pair arrives, they are very close. We very well may be on a small island with 1 or 2 luxes at most.

Turn 3, 2850 BC: Nothing to write home about.

Turn 4, 2800 BC: Ivory spotted near German capital. Settler arrives near the cow.

IBT: Leipzig settled adjacent to our chosen site. This may be a very small island

Turn 5, 2750 BC: Pasargardae settled near the cow=>worker.

Turn 6, 2710 BC: MM citizen to work mined BG.

Turn 7, 2670 BC: Find 2 more Ivory tiles.

IBT: Persepolis warrior=>worker.

Turn 8, 2630 BC: Move worker across river to begin mine on BG.

IBT: Alphabet arrives, trade it and 15 gold for the Wheel via big picture. Pottery in 6 turns. German Archer enters our territory.

Turn 9, 2590 BC: Find Horses, a goody hut and Gems near some brown borders.
Carthage, Russia? I feel great relief at not being stuck on a tiny island!

IBT: German Archer moves next to our capital. :mad:

Turn 10, 2550 BC: Warn the Germans, but I get no “Leave or declare war” diplo item, instead the lesser one. They promise to leave. Brown civ is Carthage. They are down the Wheel to us.

Non-Combat:
Workers 1
Military:
Warriors 4
Contacts
Germany- Peace - even, 43 gold
Carthage- Peace - down the Wheel, 10 gold
Cities
Persepolis Size 3, grows in 1, warrior in 1,
Pasargadae Size 1, grows in 2, warrior in 5
Sliders 9/0/1, Pottery in 6 turns

A couple of pictures:
Spoiler :

Our 'core'

German lands:

The save:

I agree with you on the city locations, aside from the one near Berlin- too far away.

Roster:

Hawk Chieftain
The Overseer- Just Played
Killerkid- UP
Choxorn- On Deck
Sk8boardbob

I can play today or tomorrow.

Overseer, I like the chokepoint spot. However, the one you have on the forest I think would be better moved 1 NE.

Reasons:
It overlaps 1 tile with Pasargadae, rather than two
It is still on a river
It gains 2 BG's, and possibly more (NW of it)
It has only 3 coast tiles, and in Overseer's spot it would have 8+.

As for your military plans, this is risky. I think that Germany settled Leipzig with 1 warrior guarding the settler. That warrior won't leave Leipzig until another one is brought down from berlin or completed. Since I don't think one will be brought down, I'm guessing Leipzig is building a warrior.

It is 6 tiles away from their capital. Does that mean there is corruption on the first worked tile? If there isn't, then on the IBT of Overseer's turn 9 it was built. If it had corruption, then from that point it would be another 5 turns, plus 2 more to get down to Pasargadae, by then we should have 2 warriors in Pasargadae.

I also think that if the AI realizes that we have more than a warrior in Persepolis, it may move to the mountain before attacking, as the Ai is programmed to move to the higher ground first. This would give us an extra turn for Pasargadae.

So, I don't think I should kick them out yet. But what are your opinions?

EDIT: Also Overseer, did you play an extra turn? Because your German lands picture is from 2510 BC, and the save is 2550.??

It is 6 tiles away from their capital. Does that mean there is corruption on the first worked tile? If there isn't, then on the IBT of Overseer's turn 9 it was built. If it had corruption, then from that point it would be another 5 turns, plus 2 more to get down to Pasargadae, by then we should have 2 warriors in Pasargadae.

Huh???? :confused:

What I tried to say was that if leipzig currently has 2 warriors, Pasargadae is doomed. We can't give it defense in time.

Leipzig=6 tiles away from Berlin. if there was no corruption, and it worked the BG, it would already have built a second warrior. (2 shields-5 turns.)

Spoiler :
I think Germany will declare, they are known for sneak attacks early. Pasargadae will have to fend for itself. Leipzig was settled by a settler guarded by a spear, so unless they put a warrior out, it should stand. At Persepolis, we can attack or defend, and I'm secure that 1 regular archer is not going to defeat 3 warriors in 3 turns, so I say defend.
As far as the date, I accidentally hit the enter button and took the screens in the north the next turn. I know what happens on the IBT, so I guess Killer needs to use his instincts to chart his turnset and I'll spoiler any advice. He can read my advice later and see how he does. Please forgive the breach of SG etiquette.

This question you won't need the advice for:

Should I kick them out on Turn 0, or wait until the IBT if they attack?

And if I kick them out, I think I'll go after the archer with our 2 warriors in Persepolis.

I finished. We are at war, and Germany's archer lost doing no damage to our warrior.

We went 1-0, that being our only kill.
-Next turn our cities will be connected
-We got Pottery and CB from the English, and are researching Writing.
-I'm almost positive we aren't on an island, in the North where England is, the land widens out.
-In 2 turns we'll have 3 archers and 2 warriors in pasargadae, if we want to attack.
In Persepolis, we have just started the Colossus. However, does the team think we should put out another settler before building it?

The set:
Spoiler :
Turn 0-2550 BC-When I go to tell Germany to get out, I don't get remove or declare?? instead I have to say, Withdraw immediately, which they say they will, eventually.

IBT-Germany declares war. What a shocker. However, our warrior completely Owns their archer and doesn't get a scratch! (1-0) Persepolis Warrior>Worker

Turn 1-2510-Send a warrior from Persepolis up to Pasargadae. Warrior near Carthage pops a hut, gets barbs.

IBT-ZZZZ

turn 2-2470-Northern warrior sees orange border. It will be a coulple turns before we can make contact though.

IBT-Persepolis Worker>Archer, Pasargadae Warrior>Archer

Turn 3-2430. Worker starts to road the mined hill.

IBT-Our warrior kills a barb warrior.

Turn 4-2390-Orange border people are England. Trade them Masonry for CB and 35 gold. We have wheel, and they have pottery, which we'll get next turn.

IBT-Pottery>Writing (24 turns)

Turn 5-2350-ZZZZZ

IBT-Persepolis Archer>Archer

Turn 6-2310-ZZZZ

IBT-ZZZZ

Turn 7-2270-Just scouting with warriors.

IBT-ZZZZ

Turn 8-2230-Workers making a road between our 2 cities.

IBT-ZZZZ

Turn 9-2190-ZZZZ

IBT-Persepolis Archer>Colossus (29 turns)

Turn 10-Not much

A picture is attached

Of the dots, I'm confident red and blue will be good, but am not sure on green.

Save is attached.

Attachments

• Hawk03 Killerkid, 2150 BC.SAV
    81.3 KB · Views: 126
  • Hawk03 dot map.JPG
    Hawk03 dot map.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 252
Okay, I guess I'm up. Got it, will play later. Hopefully, Leipzig will be un-existed by the time I'm finished. :evil:

Not sure I love red or green but the map dictates our choices. Green could go 1 north and avoid any overlap with our capital. Red is in an area where it will have at least 3 unimprovable coastal tiles, so either it should be on the coast or farther inland. Colossus is something we desperately need, but we need a settler even worse, so I agree a settler first, then the Colossus. We may need to do a holding action until we get more shields in Pasargadae. BTW, don't ya love Bismarck declaring so soon? What a [fill in appropiate slur]!

If Only I'd known the Settler->Collosus plan before I played my set, I would have changed it. Now I think we've been building it a bit too long to stop...

Plus, Lizzie's also started building it in London.

Anyway, here's what happened:

Pre-Turn (2150 BC):
-Everything looks good.

IBT:
Zzz

Turn 1 (2110 BC):
-Having nowhere else to send him, I send our Eastern Warrior through Carthaginian territory.

IBT:
-A German Archer attacks something offscreen. I thought he was heading for Pasargadae…
-Hannibal tells us to leave, I say we’ll be out shortly.
-Pasargadae: Archer->Spear
-England is building the Collosus.

Turn 2 (2070 BC):
-3 Archers set out north from Pasargadae to wipe Leipzig off the map.

IBT:
-2 German Archers walk in front of our stack. Hehe…

Turn 3 (2030 BC):
-According to Mapstat, Germany now has Iron Working. :scared:
-Lose 1 Archer and redline another in taking out the 2 German Archers. (2-1)
-An exploring Warrior encounters the Greek city of SPARTA!!!!! I contact them. Greece is behind in tech, but has the most cities.

IBT:
-Carthage gives our warrior the boot. Thanks for saving us a turn!

Turn 4 (1990 BC):
-Deciding that a 3hp and a 1hp Archer can’t take Leipzig, I send our stack back to Pasargadae to heal.

IBT:
-Germany builds the city of Hamburg in the north. We are now the smallest nation in the known world.

Turn 5 (1950 BC):
-I MM Persepolis to speed up the Collosus and Writing. I also manage to increase Sci to 100% and turn off lux without any riots. (War Happiness, Perhaps)

IBT:
Zzz

Turn 6 (1910 BC):
-Our Archers (Now 2) set out again to destroy Leipzig.

IBT:
:sleep:

Turn 7 (1870 BC):
-An Archer dies on a spear in Leipzig, revealing a second spear and prompting me to retreat the other archer. (2-2)
-Reduce Sci to 90, Writing still in 5 and we are no longer in negative gpt.

IBT:
-The Germans come asking for peace, and they want Pottery and 8 gold. I laugh and press the “Goodbye, Bismarck” Button.
-Pasargadae: Spear->Archer

Turn 8 (1830 BC):
-Greece has Iron Working and will trade it for Pottery, Masonry, and 12 gold. I choose to decline for now, I’m not sure it’s a trade we want to make.

Nothing interesting happened after Turn 8.

Pics:

Spoiler :
The South:

The North:

(The text says "I sense SPARTAAA!!! jokes")

We should probably build a settler in Pasargadae after the Archer. As to where to send him, I'd suggest killerkid's Blue dot- if we don't take it soon, Carthage will.

Leipzig has 2 Spearmen, so 3-4 archers will probably be needed to kill them both.

Attachments

• Hawk03 Persians, 1750 BC.SAV
    88.6 KB · Views: 131
4 other civs on our continent, so much for my fear of being on a small island :whew!: That means that all the resources to build our spaceship should be available. I'd say do the Iron deal, at even Monarch level, trading research is a good idea. And wouldn't some Immo's be nice?:evil:

Yeah, definitely do iron deal. If there's iron in the hills, we could easily wipe out the German's with a few immos.

I'm not sure who should go next-Tassle hasnt been online for 5 days, and sk8 hasn't been posting.

I'm assuming we want a GA this early? :p

Top Bottom