Health and Plague

Health & Plague for BNW (v 16)
A tooltip of a plagued icon doesn't work fine in a City-View Screen.

Here are two Screenshots.
The first SS is version.13 and works fine.
The Second SS is version.16 and has a problem.

Active mods: IGE, H&P(13 or 16)

Thank you for the report. I'm going to be releasing v.17 in the next day or two that fixes some bugs and makes some additions and deletions. I don't think there will be a lot of changes to the text strings, but just wanted to give you a heads up.

BNW v.17 / GnK v.10 Changes (not compatible with previous saved games)

• Bugfix: Occupied, original capitals cannot be destroyed by Plague.
  • Bugfix: Units garrisoned in plagued cities will become diseased.
  • Bugfix: Plague status now properly reported in City View screen.
  • Bugfix: Empire Health affected by unhappiness now properly reported in Top Panel.
  • Addition: Health yield support for Belief_FeatureYieldChanges, Belief_BuildingClassYieldChanges
  • Addition: Healing Vapors (Pantheon): +1 Health from unworked Marsh and Flood Plains tiles
  • Addition: Animal Sacrifice (Follower): Temples provide +1 Health
  • Removed: Gurdwaras

BNW v.18 Changes available via link in top post. Compatible with previous saved games.

• Bugfix: Plague cure grants immunity to all cities.
  • Addition: Unique graphic for Plagued Unit Promotion.
  • Addition: Events and Decisions mod support. New Decision -- "Fund Plague Cure"
  • Change: Plague no longer randomly reduces city population; instead Plague decreases city Health by an amount equal to the duration of the Plague. Plague allows negative Health to reduce city population and removes the positive Health bonus.

FA, would you be interested in having named plagues in the mod? I could probably research a goodly number of them for you if you wanted. Players would probably feel a lot more invested in plagues (not that this isn't already an awesome mod) if they see the Black Death or Ebola has popped up.

hey is there a already configured xml file for merging this with emigration? i i have seen one with emigration and eui, but i only want one for emigration and health&plague. ive looked at the files, and im not sure how to merge them. i assume you just copy the contents from one file, and them paste it in the other file at the end of the already there text. but im afraid that, due to spacing, i might mess something up. also, how does one see the load order? i know whether or not some things show up/get overriden is because of the load order, but i dont know where to see said load order.

I believe the load order is based on the order the mod folders were put into CiV's MODS folder.

FA, would you be interested in having named plagues in the mod?
Yes that's an interesting idea! It might be a bit odd if one were playing a sci-fi mod but otherwise fairly appropriate.

hey is there a already configured xml file for merging this with emigration?

Try the attached merged files (untested). Copy/replace those files into the Plague mod. Delete the same named files from Emigration mod.

Attachments

• Plague_Emigration_Merge.zip
    32.4 KB · Views: 204
Yes that's an interesting idea! It might be a bit odd if one were playing a sci-fi mod but otherwise fairly appropriate.

Here you go:

Spoiler :
  • AIDS
  • Bubonic Plague
  • Chikungunya
  • Cholera
  • Dengue Fever
  • Ebola
  • Hemorrhagic Fever
  • Hepatitis
  • Influenza
  • Leishmaniasis
  • Leptospirosis
  • Malaria
  • Measles
  • Meningitis
  • Mumps
  • Poliomyelitis
  • Relapsing Fever
  • SARS
  • Smallpox
  • Trypanosomiasis
  • Tuberculosis
  • Typhoid
  • Typhus
  • Yellow Fever

I could do a quick copy/paste from Wikipedia if you want Civilopedia entries for those also.

Also, I forget, do plagues pop up in civs after contact between remote civs is made (ala Smallpox did with peoples Europeans came in contact with)?

As syphilis did, when two distant strains of commensal Trypanosoma "gave birth" to the STD we know today.

BNW v.19 Changes available via link in top post. Probably not compatible with previous saved games.

Bugfix: Health from adjacent features is now accurately calculated.
Bugfix: Plague cures only have an effect if a civ is currently plagued.
Change: Spies can unleash plagues in foreign cities even if the owner civ has never been plagued
Addition: Named plagues, which vary by era
Addition: Plagues have a 10% chance to be virulent, lasting 50% longer than normal.

Not visible in game, but the save routine has been updated.

Yay! Glad the named plagues made it in!

Hi. I tried this in an earlier game, and it worked nicely, but now I've started on Flood plain and it seems that the city in fact cannot grow at all, which is a major disadvantage. Can this be right? If I settle on Grassland it grows up to 2 (although not further), but when settling on Flood plain it just stalls (every turn the "turns" counter goes one UP and then back down to the original).

Hi. I tried this in an earlier game, and it worked nicely, but now I've started on Flood plain and it seems that the city in fact cannot grow at all, which is a major disadvantage. Can this be right? If I settle on Grassland it grows up to 2 (although not further), but when settling on Flood plain it just stalls (every turn the "turns" counter goes one UP and then back down to the original).

Marshes and flood plains adjacent to a city affect health (see city view screen). It's important with this mod to choose your city settle plot carefully.

Aha. So a city next to Flood Plain will not be able to grow, as it gets -3 (extreme risk) already at pop lvl 2? That's quite harsh. Seems also counterintuitive and difficult to circumvent if one actually starts next to a desertic river. How is the actual game mechanic? I couldn't figure it out from the thread.

Aha. So a city next to Flood Plain will not be able to grow, as it gets -3 (extreme risk) already at pop lvl 2? That's quite harsh. Seems also counterintuitive and difficult to circumvent if one actually starts next to a desertic river. How is the actual game mechanic? I couldn't figure it out from the thread.

All the health yields are documented in game just as other yields: mouseover a tile to see its yield or in city view for details. There's also in game help:
CIVILOPEDIA ->CONCEPTS -> CITIES

For an unhealthy start, move your settler or develop enough health and food resources to overcome the health deficit.

If you're planning an update anytime soon, could you add a reference to the Community Patch (d1b6328c-ff44-4b0d-aad7-c657f83610cd). The CP and H&P both add new yields to the database, but CP's yield IDs are hardcoded, so if H&P is loaded first, it adds Health in the spot that needs to be taken by Golden Age Points. Adding a reference will ensure that Health as a yield is placed after all the CP ones, recognised by the DLL.

Top Bottom