Heart of Destiny

cyberstrong said:
tjedge: do you mean unchecking custom player data under scenario properties, or do you mean scenario properties/ players and then unchecking human player and civilization defaults for player 1 and then civilization defaults for all the rest players which were at first turned on?
I meant unchecking it from the scenario properties dropdown, next to custom rules and custom map. Unchecking that removes that tab alltogether, and when Ive worked on some scenarios I've had to uncheck it or the game crashes when it tries to start up. I still haven't had a chance to try out this mod yet to see for myself.

thanks a lot tjedge, really appreciate your help:) I got the game running from the beginning but when i came to a certain point the game just ended and went back to windows. I had progressed until the beginning of medieval age. i tried out your advice but the problem still occurs. Do I have to start over a new game for the changes to take place to find out?

Yes. Any time you change the biq file itself, it won't change anything in the games started before the changes. If you're crashing beyond the beginning, it may not be the player properties then. I have some utilities i can run to see if there are some hidden errors. I had several in the Mystara Mod when I started beta testing it.

Sword of geddon: yes I did I don´t really know what to do now, this is my favourite mod. I´ve played rise and rule a lot but i think there are to many improvements and discoveries as well as there is not much future era techs. I´ve also tried out Rhyes mod but there´s the opposite, to few things. I think Heart of destiny is almost perfectly balanced. Just want this to work, unfortunately Im not to good at getting these things to work :sad:

Well, to be honest I can't help you unless you post the errors. Do you get a message before it kicks you out? This is the Beta, and Betas can suck. But thankyou for helping me fix it.

Thankyou for those complements btw. DyP is for the fanatical of the fanatics, while Rhye's mod is for the Civ3 purests. My mod is, as you said "balanced". Maybe I should go and work for Fox News? :lol:

well after a few test games i must say it plays quite well. i am making my own little changes here and there (btw, virtual demo. has a cost per unit of 0!!! so the free units per city is irrelevant... on purpose?) but ive kept most the same. its a lot of fun to play. well done sword. one suggestion i have though... reduce the machine gun line's hp by one... they make it so there is no point to building infantry if you have no urgent need of forces otherwise. and maybe guer. line should have -1 hp also.

Well by all means, post your new biq and I'll get to work adding graphics. If you've fixed the Pediaicons as well, I will add new graphics for the Barbarian and Insurgeant(I'll use the current Jihader graphics for that), plus I'll throw in a new tech for the Gradius unit. Perhaps I should expand the Future Age. Any ideas Coltrane? :mischief:

as for the barb gfx, id use that celtic mercenary unit (not gallic swordsmen) i dont know who made it but its in the RFRE mod and im sure pink could enlighten us. i used the jihader gfx for the insurgent as well. OH! heres an idea! lets assign the advanced power armor to someone lol. it looks so tantalizing there, but oh no! i cant build it! and oh wait (checks the editor) no one can! lol. (on this note, f-15 isnt assigned to america, or anyone) basically, in the future era i want more improvements/wonders. how about a "Global Satellite System" that doubles commerce and research in the city as well as produces a "Satellite" (NEW UNIT!!!!!) every 10 turns. Hubble Space Telescope wonder? could do something with that... OHH! heres a good unit! with the tech space colonization, make a unit called "Space Station" that has a moderate defense, plus 10 hp (yes 10) carries 15 units (only air) and can go on any terrain, so its basically like a carrier (or prometheus) that can be based anywhere on the map, since technically its in space. hmm... my knowledge of the future is pretty limited, but lets see if i have anything else... how about after technocracy you put in "Supreme Intelligence" like it talks about in the civilopedia, and have that allow a gov't called "SI Domination" that has no corruption or maintenence costs, but units cost 5 gpt since humans were no longer used and everything had to be built. also make war weariness as high as it goes. Make a GW called "SI" that doubles city defenses against air, sea, and land and that also acts as a Forbidden Palace. ok... thats all ive got now and ill upload my biq soon

im gonna start to work on a scenario (ie with a map) that will allow your mod to truly become one of the best and most in depth mods out there... complete with new units, wonders, buildings, and terrain!!! ill finish this thought later, i have to go, but youll like it sword

I'll try to get on that tech tree arrow thing this weekend.

King Coltrane said:
im gonna start to work on a scenario (ie with a map) that will allow your mod to truly become one of the best and most in depth mods out there... complete with new units, wonders, buildings, and terrain!!! ill finish this thought later, i have to go, but youll like it sword

You have been so great to me Coltrane...thankyou so much.. :cry:

Sounds good Tjedge. If you could straighten out the future era too(its alittle messy but not bad), I'd appreciate it my friend..

and send me a link so i can know how to do it too!

OK time for the idea of the scenario (which ill spearhead if youd like).

alright, so heres what i want. you know that solar system map? i want to take that (or make one based on it) and enlarge earth so that there is room for a few cities per civ approximately. (sword i know you know where this is going but ill keep saying it) and so for the game it progresses normally, with sea and all, but then for the future era, you can expand into space. this is how id do it. ill make the earth have "coast" and "sea" as the 2 terrains and the 3rd, what was ocean, will now be "Space" and will only be crossable by the later era naval/air units. i will add substantially to the "space colonization" tech and have "Mars colonization" as a tech, not a wonder, and also give "Martian Base" as a FP type small wonder that also has air transport/trade. i will have one for each planet (though maybe not the gas ones) with the same basic idea. ... now you may be wondering "but how do i reach the planets at first?" here the answer... "Space program" small wonder which produces a "Shuttle" every 7 turns, which carries a "stellar colonist" (has both foot unit and cruise missile checked, while shuttle has both of these flags checked, so only the shuttle can carry this unit.) and it is the first unit for a while that can cross the "new ocean" which is "space". i will want the colonist unit to also act as a worker, at least as far as cleaning pollution goes, and have the planets covered in pollution to simulate the need to terraform them (something with the terraforming tech maybe?) so initially only a few extra-terrestrial colonies will be founded and be able to be supported, but as time goes on, shuttles can be upgraded to "Stellar Bus" or something that is less expensive and carries more units, and the colonists can be upgraded to "Stellar Migrants" that allow you to transfer population to the colony and terraform the planet. though maybe the worker drones would still have this... for automated transport give "Mag Lev Line" as an improvement which doubles tax income, reduces pollution, and doubles defense.
Mars in particular (over all other planets/moons) will be best for colonies and will be able to support them best. I actuall want conquest of mars to be a wonder that requires "Northern Martian Pole" and "Southern Martian Pole" (preplaced resources) and requires "Martian Base" to be built so that only the civ that completely conquers mars can build this... and only on mars. i want the wonder to give a building to all cities on the continent (ie mars) that triples defense vs air, sea, and land in addition to the 2 free techs. this building could be called "Martian National Identity" or something hopefully better. all this is to set up the upcoming colony wars sword. when earth and mars will inevitable duel. the purpose of the huge defensive boost is that earth will undoubtedly have a massive advantage since mars will be freshly conquered and the mother civ will have been ousted from their capitol, so its a boost to the previous loser so that they can stand a chance. basically from this point on i want to have this game be about colonizing the solar system and fighting wars that are mostly naval in nature, though you do need land forces still to take cities. i was thinking that instead of having the Space Race be a race to alpha centuri, why not have it be a race to control the solar system? each "part" can be a different planet or major moon (Luna, Triton, Europa, etc.) and require the preplaced resource (which will be on that world) in order to be built. so that only when you control the solar system can you "Proclame a Stellar Empire" or something. i will want more improvements too such as "Biodome" which will act as a granary, "Artificial Park" which gives a happy face and allows city size 2 (to represent the positive impact of the recycled oxygen), and "Surface Mines" which double production... why build things like this you ask? simple! they require no resource! all of the older earth related things will require "Earth" (which each civ will have) in addition to iron or rubber or coal, so they can only be built on earth. the new improvements will require no resource so they may be built anywhere, ie on a planet that has no connection to earth and therefore cant build a "Granary" i have tons more ideas, but tell me what you think guys!

King Coltrane said:
and send me a link so i can know how to do it too!

OK time for the idea of the scenario (which ill spearhead if youd like).

alright, so heres what i want. you know that solar system map? i want to take that (or make one based on it) and enlarge earth so that there is room for a few cities per civ approximately.
Can't you use MapTweaker to make the area around the center greater? So you could have a normal sized Earth Map with a few planets in there also.

that could work too, at this point im still open to more ideas, but i just liked that solar system map so much, but yeah i think i will just use maptweaker to change that one around

I love your idea Coltrane. Maybe the Future Era should be expanded first in the main epic game version of the mod. Another idea I had, which I decided not to do, was have Napolianic-Industrial ages, Atomic-Information Ages, Energy and Space Ages, and the Gravity Age as the final epoch, with interstellar space flight and starwars style space battles.

Maybe there should be two versions of this scenerio:

1. The normal map, settle earth, then in the modern era go into space(which should be alll about launching sattelites and exploration), then in the future era, you can begin building space stations, space fighters, capital spaceships and space colonies and all that other good stuff.

2. Earth is already settled and there is a war between the super-powerful U.E.A(united earth authority) and China and its allies, and Mars has about 200 years to build its own civilization before the U.E.A takes to space to conquer Mars.

both sound good, but i would say #2 could come after we do #1 as it will already be set up with tech trees, units, improvements, etc.

and you know how much i love those star wars things, so i say we can have things the way they are(ie keep ancient the way it is) but add to the end of the middle ages and put in napoleonic stuff, then for the indust-modern we could have space colonization start in the sense of exploring and lunar landings and stuff. then the final age could have everything the way it is but we could consider all of that stuff to be like "prototype units" and at the very end have like the nebula upgrade to Y-Wing for some civs and "TIE Bomber" for some. and the executioner could upgrade to "Corellian Cruiser" or "Super Star Destroyer" you get what im saying... (and archangel to JEDI!!!!!!!!!!!) i know this may be farther into it then you wanted but if we are going to start this i think we should begin with deciding how we want the tech trees to look and how we want the game to be layed out in terms of different epochs. ok, ill be on later, but tell me more ideas and stuff and things youd want to see in sword, as the "history" is yours

No Star Wars stuff... :p :lol:

If we expand the future era there is the option of more starships, however I want these to be as orginal as possible... ;)

I also am considering having the Mecha upgrade further, but not into Veritechs(The Phalanx will upgrade to the Veritech still though). I was thinking that replacing Kinboat's Mech(Advanced Mecha in mod) with something newer. That green annoys me..

haha. ok that all works too. i think we should be working to expand this into the realm of colonize and explore rather than just a conquest scenario. btw, how do you use maptweaker? i keep trying to open a specific map i want and it says its not compatible. its a biq, is that a problem?

Top Bottom