Hell terrain

baro

Chieftain
Love the mod, just got it and I'm still figuring quite a bit out and had a few questions. My main question is about hell terrain, is there any way to restore it? I defeated the demons, liberated and conquered the cities they took, but everything is still on fire and corrupted. Do the fires ever go out, because I can't seem to move units through it? Is there a unit or spell that I can use to restore terrain back to "good" terrain?

Also do earth nodes really work? I built every single mana with earth nodes bringing me up to 7 and over the course of a very long game my miners didn't discover a single new resource.

The Life 1 spell is Sanctify, which removes hell terrain from the square the adept is standing in and all the squares surrounding it. You'll have to use that to remove the terrain.

Life 1 spell? I've trained a few adepts but they never seem to have any options to do anything other than build nodes. The whole magic angle seems a little confusing to me at times. What exactly does one need to do to cast a "life 1" spell? Also how do you put out fires if you can't enter the square?

Adepts can learn spells as promotions, the spells you can learn being dependent on the mana types you have connected to your capital (or what mana types your civ has by default.) You'll need a Life Node to have Life as a promotion option, for example. After that, any adept who is ready for a promotion should be able to learn it, and then be able to cast Sanctify as one of their abilities.

Also, as I said, Sanctify also affects adjacent squares. The fires won't go out right away, but will eventually after the ground has been made good again.

Life 1 spell? I've trained a few adepts but they never seem to have any options to do anything other than build nodes. The whole magic angle seems a little confusing to me at times. What exactly does one need to do to cast a "life 1" spell? Also how do you put out fires if you can't enter the square?

To enter a tile with fire, put the fire out first with the "water 1" spell. To learn to cast life 1, you first need to build a life node (if your civ does not have that mana provided by its palace). For more info, check out the manual.

If the fire is in a Burning Sands tile then casting Sanctify in or next to the tile will convert the tile to Desert and also put out the fire.

Also, be aware that depending on the state of the Armageddon Counter and the alignment of your Civ the hell terrain may spread back after you Sanctify it away. You can avoid the flames returning by first casting Sanctify to convert the Burning Sands to Desert and then casting Spring (Water I) to convert the Desert into Plains.

If the fire is in a square that used to have a forest, but which caught fire, then Spring will put out the fire but the forest will be gone for good. If you wait then the fire will eventually go out by itself and be replaced with a Burnt Forest. The Burnt Forest will eventually upgrade to a New Forest, which will eventually upgrade to a Forest. Of course, if you don't care about the forest then there's no reason to wait. If you notice that a forest is smoking then you can use Spring to douse the smoke and prevent it from turning into flames.

Also do earth nodes really work? I built every single mana with earth nodes bringing me up to 7 and over the course of a very long game my miners didn't discover a single new resource.

I frequently discover new resources on mined hills even without access to any earth mana, so I know that discovery is working. I don't know if earth mana is supposed to increase the rate of discovery, though, so I can't say if multiple earth nodes should be increasing the chance you find something new.

Top Bottom