Hell Terrain

Pakhawaj

Chieftain
Hello, sorry if there is already a thread for small queries I could only find one for the main FFH2 mod.
I've recently gotten rather far in a hotseat game (usually we get bored at some point, but this game is exciting!), on a whim I decided to summon the Infernals. Unfortunately, this meant Hell terrain; usually this would not be an issue, but almost my entire empire comprises of flood plains which immediately downgrade when they convert to their Hellish counterpart.
Is there a way to rid of hell terrain? It's a thing I've never really found myself doing, so my apologies if the solution (or lack of one) is very obvious. Thanks!

Get some life mana. Build an adept. Give them the life 1 promotion. Cast Sanctify on the hell terrain square.

Thanks very much. Will the affected tile convert back to a floodplain or will it convert into desert? Is there an easy method to prevent more tiles from converting?
I'm glad it is something so simple, I'll just need to acquire some life mana, hopefully I can persuade some other party to provide. ;)

It will turn back into floodplain. At least it certainly should.

As for preventing tiles from going to hell... Hm. What do you call easy? The only thing you can do is convert to The Order or The Empyrean, which will change your alignment to Good, making you immune to hell terrain.* Otherwise, you'll just have to keep a bunch of adepts and spam sanctify everywhere.

*Note: For now at least. In the future, I believe the RiFE team will change it such that hell terrain can enter good lands too. Nothing to worry about just yet though.

Is frozen land better than hell land? At least hell has some interesting resources, and if he brought Hyborem in, he got's Sacrifice the Weak helping him out. What do non-Illian/Doviello civs get to deal with the snow?

You get Glacial terrain and crystal plains.

So... 1 food terrain, and 2 food 2 commerce river tiles, with no forests, and a bucket-tonne of time waiting for for the squares to get there. Hm.

Yikes. Well, I might convert to the Hand when my situation becomes more dire. Currently only two of my floodplains have converted, hopefully I can get a hold of some life before I become overwhelmed; I'd much rather keep Sacrifice the Weak than cover my land with ice or turn into a good civilisation- vampires are not good!
I'll have to aim for the Genesis ritual later on.
Thank you both for the tips.

If you cast the level one water spell, spring, on your now-useless desert, it'll turn into 1 food 1 hammer plains.

Um, when I played the other day, I converted plains into desert (next to the river) which turned it into flood plains.

So, if the hell terrain destroys your flood plains, then use sanctify, then cast the water spell and then scorch it back to desert which will turn it into flood plains (need sun mana for scorch).

Seems good to me, except of course it being a PITA.

Just have a ton of adepts along your borders sanctifying every turn. Not sure if you can auto cast it, but whatever. They cost a lot of money in maintenance, but just remember that you'll be making more gold than your neighbours who don't do this.

Actually you just need to sanctify some of your resources, any forests you want to work and your flood plains...

Yeah, the adept's tile and the 8 tiles around it.

Top Bottom