• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Hello and a Question

flamingzaroc121

Emperor
hello all this is my first post :)
i must sound like a total newb, but what is CS slingshot:confused:
any help is greatly appreciated

CS slingshot is researching Code of Laws before building the Oracle so you can take Civil Service for your free tech.

Welcome.

Or if you have a Great Prophet and you've researched COL and the basic religious techs but NOT MASONRY. The GP will research CS.

Regarding those GP tech bulps....can anyone point me to a site or thread where I can find in what order the techs are researched by the different GP's??

Hmm, I didn't know that about the Great Prophet slingshot.

@Palpster, I don't know if this helps. THere probably is a thread where someone carefully reported the orders, but I don't know it. Generally, though, a great person will research the next available tech in his particular specialty.

So a great prophet will research Code of Laws if that's the next religious tech. A great artist will research music. A great scientist will research chemistry.

Notice in theimmortal1's post, he points out that his prophet will give you CS only if you don't know masonry. This is because if you know masonry, you'd have access to research monotheism. Monotheism, being cheaper than CS, would be the "next" religious tech.

So how do you know which techs are which categories? Some are obvious, but the XML files will let you know about those that aren't so easy.

Rex Tyrannus said:
Hmm, I didn't know that about the Great Prophet slingshot.

If done expeditiously and properly, this same path can lead to lightbulbing Education or Liberalism before 1 AD.

The key is to keep ceratin techs such as BW, IW & Masonry un-researched while researching Music & then Paper path instead. Of course, in a real game with antagonistic and opportunistic opponents ready to eat one for lunch, it is a tough trick to turn.

I have not done it successfully yet, and have seen just a couple of games (Prince level & below) to in which it has been accomplished. Imagine Cavalry running amok in the early 100 AD's while most opponents have just begun the upgrade to Longbows!

Top Bottom