• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Hello. How to move the new mana nodes owned display?

Cuteunit

Danse Macabre
It covers my upper left portion of UI, blocking easy change to research percentage.

It covers my upper left portion of UI, blocking easy change to research percentage.

Can you post a screenshot and the resolution you are playing at?

occurs in all resolutions.. tried at 1024x768 and 1600x1200 and 1280x1024

let me see about a screenshot..

no way to move it or disable it though? It's really extraneous, doesnt add anything that is so important you need it visible 100% of the time. It should be a mouseover or something when you mouseover a mana node...

I've never had it a problem and find it extremely useful, especially when playing an arcane civ. I'm glad we have it.

You can just pressthe buttom above the mini-map that hides the scores, it hides the mana bar too.

It occurs in any resolution when you play with minimized UI ( CONTROL + I Key).

the mana box shifts upward by a fair amount of distance.

I don't find it useful even when playing amurites. It's not like mana nodes are so common even with blessing of amathon turned on that you'll get more than a couple of them...

is it not possible to make this menu something seen when mousing over an upgraded mana node or something instead of always taking up screenshare? Really don't need to see how much mana I have 100% of the time.... it's not like I am asking myself if I still have 3 fire manas every turn...

Nice to have Mana bar but on the new place if I want to see info on big stack of units they are crossed...

I'm in such complete agreement with Cuteunit that I'm going to just repeat a post. Two insignificant corrections and the proposal of a new plural for "mana" will be my original contributions:

Is it not possible to make this menu something seen when mousing over an upgraded mana node or something instead of always taking up screenshare? I really don't need to see how much mana I have 100% of the time.... it's not like I am asking myself if I still have 3 fire manana every turn...

Why not move the mana bar to the right of the screen? This way it won't conflict with other mouseovers like big stacks of units or cities with lots of buildings/wonders.

Or how about putting it in the score box? Not sure if it's feasible, but since you can cycle between various displays it would mean it's not there all the time, but still never far away.

"Manana" is good enough for me.

I find it very annoying, and it makes the inability to see the top units in an enemy stack even more annoying. My mana rarely, if ever, changes and so I have never had a use for it. If I hook up a mana, it has a purpose, and I'm not likely to forget that I, for instance, hooked up haste. When I first saw it, I was sure it would be removed in the first patch when everyone saw how useless and intrusive it was.

Lowest resolution.

Actually people have been waiting a while for it to return. I personally love it.

It is most useful if seeking multiple nodes for free spells, or all nodes for mastery. You won't use every spell, and may have built a node where your Borders expand into neighbor territory on one side, while another adept is still walking 20 turns to the outskirts where you just found a new Mara in the wilderness and made a fresh city.

While the bar was gone, I would often have to F10 to check my mana via the city screen (which is MASSIVELY annoying).

The mana box is also in the way of the chat dialogue box in multiplayer. While the mana box cannot be moved, the chat dialogue box can, so this is not such a big issue.

I agree that the mana box is very beneficial. Perhaps the fact that I play in 1920x1200 resolution makes the small mana box less of an annoyance for me than it is for other players.

I add my voice to the chorus of dislike, it doesn't cause me major problems but s pretty annoying for me. Mouseover would be ideal, but I'd rather see it gone completely than left where it is

Top Bottom