Help for choosing speed a difficulty for my first g&k game

Draskar

Warlord
Hi, i need help for chosing game speed and difficoulty level for my fist g&k game.

The game at normal speed is too fast-pieced? I like playing at epic speed but the last part of the game was always a little boring (expecially if you are only waiting the last part of the spaceship)

The game is a lot more difficult? I was in this situation before stopping play civ (for waiting G&k)

Always win at level 6 with normal or epic speed.
1 win at level 7 with normal speed and 3 games lost.

Thank's for the answers :)

Maybe try it on King and Normal to get the hang of it? I find it more difficult, so lower is probably better, and will give you a good chance to get a grip on the new stuff.

Normal would be better if you want a chance to explore the end of the tech tree, I guess. Epic game might finish earlier.

Thank's for the advice, i'll play normale speed of sure but i remain uncediced about difficoulty level, with the lot of errors i'll certainly do, now i can play a challenging level 6 game!

I've seen quite a few threads mention speed and at first i was like "wtf, what does it matter?". I will say however that im a regular player of "epic" speed and i've found gods and kings fixed the issue of building an army only to have it be outdated pretty well on standard speed. All my games so far in GAK have been on standard and it feels just fine to me

I've seen quite a few threads mention speed and at first i was like "wtf, what does it matter?". I will say however that im a regular player of "epic" speed and i've found gods and kings fixed the issue of building an army only to have it be outdated pretty well on standard speed. All my games so far in GAK have been on standard and it feels just fine to me

This is a very good news! :)

Huge/Marathon/others as you choose! I suggest prince for 1st run thru, the AI is a tad differant to me.

Marathon games give you time to use all units!! For a good length of time.

Have you found that AI is better at researching techs in G&K compared to vanilla?

They seem ok to me, but I was testing religion last night, so was behind on the tech race. It seems to me, you have to make a choice either go for tech or religon. which is cool for me, I fell behind in tech and military because i was so lazer pointed on fouding a religon. Also, it seems commerce will need to be a focus now also. I will need a few more games to see what is what, but you will now have 1 of 4 choices on how to start, and that is as it should be.

Edit: I will say that Stonehenge is the most powerful early wonder now, that +5 faith is crazy insane!!

I started (and almost won) an Emperor game on Standard Speed, the game was quite easy for me.

I did a lot of mistakes but they was balanced by Celts + Warriors of Faith and a good starting location (A "spain" start in the new Europe script with no-one in "france" "italy" and "germany".

Suggestions for the next? It's time to go Deity?

Yes, it is. Speaking from an empirical, not just anecdotal, perspective. Late game particularly.

In all the games I've played, the AI usually caught up to me in Tech Tree, on WARLORD.. which I found very nice, yet scary, because that also meant i was no longer the warmonger master, since they could easily take over my army :mischief:

Top Bottom