Help getting a pitboss game started

TwentyThree

Chieftain
I am completely and totally at the end of my patience at this point.

Setting up a Pitboss server, ports forwarded, DMZ set, I can connect fine from the same computer the server is running on fine using local IP. Anywhere on the same network at home, I can use my laptop to log in fine as well, using local IP.

When I go anywhere else, I can /still/ connect fine using my external IP. However, one of my friends times out on connecting, and my other friend (Let's call him Friend #2) gets in, then just gets kicked from the game without any message and something about "The save file you have selected..." or something like that, in his words.

I tried restarting the server and now it gives me a message saying "We are waiting for [Friend #2] to reconnect to the game," and gives me all the voting options as if it's a normal multiplayer game. WTF? I thought this is exactly what PitBoss was supposed to NOT do? If I try hitting "save and just continue," an AI takes over for him.

I'm running BAT 3.0. What the actual hell is going on? Sorry for all the rage, I've just been trying forever to get this to work and am seriously peeved off at this point.

1. Check your router to see what the last number in the internal IP is listed as for the computer that port forwarding is set to. (You know, the 191.172.XXX.X number?)

What I have seen happen in the past, is that you get everything set up, and you can log in internally, but then the router gets reset (power outage, pulled plug, lost connection etc) and it changes the last number in the IP when you re-connect. You can still log in internally, but externally you just keep timing out. It took me a year of frustration to figure out what was going on :blush:

2. If that does not work, try using "LogMeIn - Hamachi" just google it. It is a VPN software that resolves most direct IP issues. I have used it in the past and it works great.

Top Bottom