Help improve the expansion pack!

I'm not sure as to reason the Flag Promotions don't appear in 'Strategic View' most likely the lua isn't loading in that module in the same way the other lua files are removed for ease of use.

Until Thalassicus returns there can be no updates issued via Steam. He is the only one that has a linked account to subscription page and I can not enable subscriptions with my account. I left postings on all the Steam pages to direct users here for that purpose, support can't be offered via Steam I am afraid.

Ah ok. Guess I'll just use the downloaded file then, no big hassle. Any idea what might be causing the food bug that I mentioned--or is that fixed in the current version?

Not sure of the problem you described. I've never seen it and can't be sure it was 'fixed', if it ever was a problem. Keep in mind the latest Steam version is now three versions behind.

I think it might actually be a problem with the Maritime CS's. The food penalty doubled when I got another ally--I think they may be decreasing your food output rather than increasing it. Just a thought, there might be another explanation.
EDIT: It's not the city-states. I tried DoWing both my maritime allies and the food is still bugged. It's possible that it's not recognizing certain sources of food--I may check that another time. I'll try to look into the code, but I'd appreciate if you could do that as well. I really hope that this is fixed in the current version, because it's a pain to play with.
EDIT #2: I did some testing and here's what I found. The problem wasn't with the food production--that was correct--but with the tooltip. First of all--it double-counted food from some buildings--I had a belief that gave me +2 food from shrines and temples. In the tooltip it showed the shrine/temple giving +2 from buildings and +2 from religion, whereas in the actual growth calculations it was only counted once, as it should have been. Another thing is the maritime city-states: there was a problem but not as I had initally thought. The thing is, the food from the city-states is on the terrain of your city, so it's part of the "food from terrain." However, the tooltip also says that you're getting x food from CS's, even though that food has already been counted on the terrain. In the actual food calculations this isn't a problem but it causes a misleading tooltip.
There was one other problem though. The food output wasn't actually multiplied by the 20% golden age modifier. Turns out that was the only real problem with the food calculations, but it's still a troubling one. However, the tooltip did end up being quite misleading, and if it hasn't been fixed in the current version, I'd recommend looking into it. I'm surprised no-one has found this before.

One more thing. Do you think there's a chance that promotion flags in strategic view will be implemented in an update soon? I think they're a great idea, but as I play the game in strategic view, I can't make too much use of them.

This mod needs a feature to grant independance to overseas cities. This was my favorite aspect of civ 4 and needs to be implemented in someway. Perhaps if your empire is unhappy cities on another landmass have a chance to revolt and start a new civ ie america, and another option to grant independance to overseas cities ie canada, australia. The bonus here being positive relations and a military ally. Please someone add a feature like this! I cant be the only one who wants colonies back

Been playing this mod(s) for some time, great replayability. :goodjob:

One thing, don't know if it was addressed before: modern era, my sub under ice, biplane attacked it anyways. Don't think this is how it should be. Also, Frigates and other wodden ships shouldn't be able to attack subs either, in fact subs should only be seen by destroyers and Aegis Cruisers. Is there any way for someone with knowledge and will look into this? is there a simple way to tell me how to do it? I'm no programmer, so if you can post it here. I had help before, I wanted to increase the number of planes on the Carriers, a few simple lines... ;)

Waiting and thank you. :)

I just started using this mod and for some weird reason, it will not allow me to build the Manhattan project. I have the resources and tech but can't build it, it is grayed out. Other civs are building, and using it.

Thoughts?

If there's an update to further improve the Piety Tree, I think it would be a great idea to head in a direction where you can choose one religion to be a "state religion", and have bonus toward having it as a majority religion in your cities:

• Piety(Opener): In addiction to the current bonus(production bonus, culture and faith) , it allows you to choose a "state religion", which spreads 50% faster to cities you own where the state religion is not the majority

• Piety(Finisher): Choose one new Pious belief . Grand Temple generates +1 :tourism:/turn for each follower of your religion in the capital of others' civilizations, up to +3 :tourism:/turn per capital city

To counter the "state religion", a civilization can select a "secular" option after choosing an Ideology, which will reduce the religious pressure of the dominant religion in the city, from all sources, to +0 / turn, while also providing the pantheon bonus of every religion with at least three followers in the city . I wonder what other directions are possible to go with the whole "state religion/secularism" mini civic .

One quick question: I've heard that barbarians do not spawn on snow in CBP, is this true? If so, I would be glad, playing YNAEMP with barbarians spawning on snow is a pain in the neck and adds nothing to the game.

One quick question: I've heard that barbarians do not spawn on snow in CBP, is this true? If so, I would be glad, playing YNAEMP with barbarians spawning on snow is a pain in the neck and adds nothing to the game.
Perhaps you meant to ask that question here?
Communitas has long ago been abandoned. The last official release I made was over 2 years ago.

Top Bottom