Help me pick a map type for my next game

Well what kind of game are you looking for

Do you have the DLC map packs? Some of the scrambled nation maps are an interesting change because they have so much more land than the standard maps. This makes trade harder, but also makes early expansion harder because there are so many barbarians. The first time I played the Turkey map, I lost three scouts to barbs and had to eventually train horsemen to finish scouting.

Terra

with all the Liberty tree talk on the forums lately, I've been playing a couple of games as Spain/Huge/Terra. I rush Navigation and send 2 CB, 2 Horse Archers, 2 Horsemen, 2 Workers, A settler and a missionary or two to the new world. By the time they get there, you've researched Chivalry and can upgrade the 4 horse units to Conquistadors. Use those to clear barbs and help CSs then use them to settle more cities. With 5 cities in the old world, you can drop another 5 in the new world REAL QUICK making for a great liberty game. As Spain, you get first dibs on all the Natural Wonders... too good.

Try the ice age map, I often enjoy it on huge because you have a big world but livable area is often at a premium.

Top Bottom