Help me with GIMP - Unit Cration

Cimbri

Deity
Hi guys,

Okay, so I need some help with Gimp. I have a bunch of storyboards and unit FLCs all ready, everything works with palets and everything. Except one thing - the directions are all wrong, for instance:

South is SW
SW is South
West is SE
And so on,

Now imagine I have a couple dozen storyboards for roughly 21 units - They are all the same size and use same palette, so it is simple cut/paste work to get the unit directions right. But I do not have enough time on my hands (family, new puppy, work). Is there any way to easily make a switch?

Christ, can someone please edit the thread title to say "Creation" instead? :)

That's the thing. I don't have anything other than the PCX image files left.
Cimbri... in that case the easiest way to correct the directions would be to make Blank Storyboards exactly the same as the Flcs you want to correct.

Add the same Palette from the Old Storyboard to the New One.

Then Copy each Direction on the storyboard and Paste each entire Direction on the New Storyboard where it should go.
To do this, Zoom in very large and copy all Frames all the way across with the Frame Lines.
That will make is easy to Draw a Line around the Frames on the New Storyboard so you can Paste exactly the entire Direction.

...if you have any trouble seeing the Frame Lines, change the Color on the Palette so you can see them better. You can change the Color back to the Original Color if needed.

Yes, it is a chore but not too much to save your Units.

Edit... if you don't know how the directions go on the Storyboards correctly... look at a storyboard from an original Unit.
From the Top start with SW then S, SE, E, NE, N, NW, W

Hi Vuldacon,

That was the process I was hoping that Gimp had a tool for. I work with Excel so I'm used to being able to make fancy automatic solutions for whatever bulk process I might get myself into. :)

But I guess I have to do this the old way - cut and paste - like you wrote.

Oh, and an easy way to find the frame lines (if your unit storyboard lacks frame lines - mine do), you just import them into an FLC, then export them again and viola - you got frame lines!

Oh, and an easy way to find the frame lines (if your unit storyboard lacks frame lines - mine do), you just import them into an FLC, then export them again and viola - you got frame lines!
Cimbri... Flicster always places the frame Lines and uses slot 253 which is the lightest shadow shade. That Palette slot can be changed to any color you prefer or Black. When you generate the New Flc, it will be changed back to the Original Color.
...Hope you are able to copy and paste an entire direction at one time to help speed the process.

Top Bottom