help on finer points to dow

LuckyArt

Chieftain
I'm confused. in the scramble for Africa scenario(deity), it's recommended that I try to get England to dow the Zulu, basically on the first turn. now, it's my understanding that in order to bribe them, you need something that will persuade them to do so. in order to trade with them, (a luxury and/or gold) you need to have made a declaration of friendship with them. how do you persuade them if all you can offer is accept embassy and then open borders? I usually play at the king level and don't use diplomacy very much. is there a good guide on how to use diplomacy on the higher levels? tia for any guidance.

I play on Chieftan(I'm new to Civ) but I got Atilla to DOW my enemy, Khan, by paying him 10 gold per turn for thirty turns and giving him my horses.

You only need a DoF to trade lump sums, you can still trade gpt and pretty much everything else without one. Getting a civ to DoW doesn't stay the same all the time. The best thing to do is put the DoW you want up and ask what it'll take. Then you can try and negotiate from there.

It's usually not too hard to get England to invade the Zulu since they start with a neg. modifier with them right off the bat.

Top Bottom