Help please.. how to use Infernal Race ???

yukie_koh19

Chieftain
Hey guys...

first of all.. i would like to congratulates you and your team in creating this fantastic mod... i just started playing it and still starting the feel things up... anyway... i have some simple questions...

1) how to use the infernal race?? I like to play them.. is it possible?? please help.
2) why does every time i play a custom game... and set the map size to standard or large.. and when i start the game.. the size of the map is always small... why??? or it's just me???.

Beyond that.. it's perfect.. this is the type of mod i've been searching for... where can i get additional goodies for this mod?? i've downloaded the latest version.. size 368mb?? is that all??.

tnks... and gudluck to your mod...

You cannot start a game as the Infernals (at least without a little modding). The Infernals enter the game whenever the Infernal Pact technology (the one that requires the Ashen Viel State religion to ever research) is first researched. A human player who gets that tech first will be given the option to abandon his civ mid-game and switch to the Infernals.

Similarly you cannot start a game as the Mercurians. They enter the game when the Mercurian Gate wonder is built. They take over the city in which it is built (the wonder cannot be built in you capital), and enter into an alliance with the player who built it. (You can bypass the normal 2 civ per alliance limit if you built the gate after already getting a permanent ally, but if you build it early Basium is the only ally you'll get.) Note that Basium automatically declares war on civs following AV, and drags you with him. You cannot build the gate while AV is your state religion, but he can't do anything to stop you from adopting it after the alliance is formed, as he cannot declare war on himself. (I personally really like building the Mercurian Gate when playing as Hyborem.)

(If you want to allow starting a game as the Infernals, open ...\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\XML\Civilizations\CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml, scroll down to the CIVILIZATION_INFERNAL entry, and change <bPlayable>0 to <bPlayable>1. You could do the same for <bAIPlayable>0 if you want them to show up as an AI civ. The same goes for the Mercurians)

Does it load as small when you selected larger, or just not remember your preferences the next time you try for another custom game? The first is a really odd bug, but the latter is a normal behavior that I think was introduced with BtS and is not FfH specific.

There are plenty of modmods out there. Popular ones include Fall Further and Orbis, which are really seperate mods now. They can be found in this forum's subforums. I may eventually even release one myself again.

Top Bottom