Help us with our study on Civilization!

gusandrews

Chieftain
Hello players! Could you help us out with game research?

We are three graduate students at Teachers College who have a grant to study the possibility that commercial games prepare people to do better in school. By taking our online survey, you'll be helping us figure out just how these games might be useful for learning. (Bonus: you'll also get a chance to enter a raffle for an Amazon gift certificate!)

We admit the survey is long. You will be reading two PDF texts and answering about ninety questions, which will be about games, urban planning, and history. However, if you work on your personal computer (not a public one), you can save and quit the survey in order to come back to it later. You can finish it at your own speed!

NOTE: There are a lot of questions in this survey about Sim City and Civilization. If you have NOT played Civilization or Sim City before, please FEEL FREE TO SKIP THE QUESTIONS ABOUT THOSE GAMES. We want you to take the survey even if you have not played these games!

If you're willing to help us out, please take our survey here:
http://geranium.tc.columbia.edu/~website/Survey/video-game-survey.htm . It's for a good cause: if we find out how games help people learn, we will encourage more teachers to allow or even use games in school.

Thanks for your time!
--The Spencer EGGPLANT Team

Hey I'm also a graduate student, but unfortunately I don't think Civ has helped me learn... In fact, it has probably interfered with my learning more than helped it because it consumes so much of my time that should be dedicated to reading and writing papers.. :lol:

But despite that, I have learned things from Civ too so it's worth it... But yeah I'll fill out your survey...

The survey was down.

Just took the survey. It takes up a good hour, but the subject matter is really interesting.

Give it a go.

Top Bottom