Help Wanted Ads

Turns out the first error is in the latest Schema file for GameInfos folder. Civ4IdeaClassInfos is defined twice

Code:
[B][COLOR="Red"]	<ElementType name="Civ4IdeaClassInfos" content="eltOnly">
		<element type="IdeaClassInfos" minOccurs="0"/>
	</ElementType>
[/COLOR][/B]	<ElementType name="IdeaClassType" content="textOnly"/>
	<ElementType name="IdeaType" content="textOnly"/>
	<ElementType name="IdeaInfo" content="eltOnly">
		<element type="Type"/>
		<element type="bTypeDependency" minOccurs="0"/>
		<element type="bForceOverwrite" minOccurs="0"/>
		<element type="bForceDelete" minOccurs="0"/>
		<element type="iForceInsertLocation" minOccurs="0"/>
		<element type="AndDependencyTypes" minOccurs="0"/>
		<element type="OrDependencyTypes" minOccurs="0"/>
		<element type="Description" minOccurs="0"/>
		<element type="Help" minOccurs="0"/>
		<element type="Strategy" minOccurs="0"/>
		<element type="IdeaClassType" minOccurs="0"/>
	</ElementType>
	<ElementType name="IdeaInfos" content="eltOnly">
		<element type="IdeaInfo" maxOccurs="*"/>
	</ElementType>
[B][COLOR="Red"]	<ElementType name="Civ4IdeaClassInfos" content="eltOnly">
		<element type="IdeaInfos" minOccurs="0"/>
	</ElementType>
[/COLOR][/B]

@TB Since Ideas is your concept do you know which is correct?

Same goes for the Unit schema. There is an error in it.
Code:
		<!--TB Converted TLOTags Start-->
		<element type="bFreeDrop" minOccurs="0"/>[B][COLOR="Red"]/[/COLOR][/B]<!--Unused in code-->
		<!--TB Converted TLOTags End-->

At least this one I can fix.;)

edit I am working my way through fixing all the unit schema files Wednesday is just a busy day;)

Code:
	<ElementType name="Civ4IdeaClassInfos" content="eltOnly">
	</ElementType>
	<ElementType name="IdeaClassType" content="textOnly"/>
		<element type="Type"/>
	</ElementType>
	</ElementType>
	</ElementType>
I'm surprised you weren't able to spot the correct one from just this bit of schema code itself. (It's the second one.) The rational is explained in the same observable segment displayed.

Code:
	</ElementType>
		<element type="Type"/>
	</ElementType>
	</ElementType>
	</ElementType>
I'm surprised you weren't able to spot the correct one from just this bit of schema code itself. (It's the second one.) The rational is explained in the same observable segment displayed.

I was grumpy because I had spent hours trying to find the error in my code, it was late and below freezing. Yes, the first looked weird but as it was not mine and I felt someone else should look at it just in case.

Do you want me to fix it? I am about 40% the way through updating all the unit schema files.

edit there is actually another one before that code fragment. Perhaps it is best if you do that schema.

Fix to the best of your ability. I'm all over the map trying to address things right now. I suspect automerging sometimes creates glitches like these but we ARE talking about largely untested stuff so probably hasn't been a critical error and thus went without notice til now.

Ready to tackle the GameInfo schema file.

It looks like there is just 5 letters wrong here.

Code:
	<ElementType name="IdeaClassInfo" content="eltOnly">
		<element type="Type"/>
	</ElementType>
	<ElementType name="IdeaClassInfos" content="eltOnly">
		<element type="IdeaClassInfo" maxOccurs="*"/>
	</ElementType>
	</ElementType>
		<element type="Type"/>
	</ElementType>
	</ElementType>
	<ElementType name="Civ4Idea[B][COLOR="Red"]Class[/COLOR][/B]Infos" content="eltOnly">
	</ElementType>

Changing that extra Class removes the error and makes it look right. I'll update the SVN today.

I don't think either error was causing problems but getting rid of errors is always good:)

Did someone change the times of the Great General's experience times? Meaning it now is taking alot longer for some reason to get a Great General/Hunter?, I used to have at least 5-6 GG in the Ancient era now i can barely get 2 by the Classical era, no matter how many fights i have with civs/animals?? Just askin"

See my latest post in the SVN bug thread. (I knew I had read a complaint about this somewhere but thought it was in the SVN bug thread, so reported on it there.)

I have given up on the idea of adding in Pie_at's Cults or reintroducing Vincentz Guilds. I just don't seem to be able to get corporations to work right :(

Add one and everything is fine. Add a second and the buildings and units swap Cult A gets units from cult b and buildings also while cult b gets a's. Add in another and the third gets both of the ones it isn't and one of the others gets its. Just Weird.

HELP WANTED:

C2C Team Needs another Dedicated to the Mod C++ Programmer to Help with the Bug and Crash list.

The job pays lousy (actually you have to pay thru the hours and hours you give to the Mod) and the hours can be, no will be, long. Must Love the Mod. And like to Play it Too!

Interested Applicants need to Reply in this Thread. Bring Resume' of C++ and or Python skills and A Big Love for the Mod! :D

EDIT: And must be thick skinned when the whining starts over bugs found, or even WAD Features because the player does not have a grasp of the Mod's workings yet. Or the players failure to follow instructions no matter how many times given, Plus the repetitive questions that always comes.

Is there Anybody out there!!!??

JosEPh ;)

Not a bug but a feature request for the python guys... or perhaps its something I can do and I don't realize it.

On the current trade screen, when you are hovering over a resource you are given a tooltip that shows how much you have of that resource. It is just as important to see how much your trade partner has of that resource as well without having to scroll through their resources to go finding it (there's too many for that).

If it's a string that the dll generates, I just need to know what the function is called. Maybe it's one of the widgets? If it's something generated by python, do you need anything from me for this?

Is this just one widget hover or display? Or can it differ by which player's resource list you are hovering over? If it can differ, that'd be perfect... then when hovering over 'their' resources, you see as it is now, how much YOU have of that resource (indicating need or comparison amount at least). And then when hovering over 'your' resources, you would see how much THEY have of that resource.

BUT if this is just one hover that works the same when hovering over either player's resources and that's the nature of the problem here, then we simply need to get the display reformatted so that it places a comma or a hard return in the tooltip and then states the OTHER player's amount of that resource.

This would help the trade screen to be OH so much more useful and might even make me, as a player, want to trade more often.

Again, this may be something I can do myself to reformat that display in the dll and could be very easy. I'm just not sure what the function driving the formatting actually is and I figure one of you guys can point me in the right direction there.

void CvGameTextMgr::setBonusTradeHelp(CvWStringBuffer &szBuffer, BonusTypes eBonus, bool bCivilopediaText, PlayerTypes eTradePlayer)
Awesome! Thanks T! That's it. Looks like it's the same on either side so I can just include both on each hover, which is certainly MUCH MORE HANDY than what we have.

If you are talking about trade via the Diplomacy Screen then you may be out of luck. That one is done in the dll. A project started 2 years ago to "turn off" the exe one and create a new one in Python or the dll but the project did not get anywhere, probably due to it being the holiday season.

If you are talking about trade via the Diplomacy Screen then you may be out of luck. That one is done in the dll. A project started 2 years ago to "turn off" the exe one and create a new one in Python or the dll but the project did not get anywhere, probably due to it being the holiday season.
I've already completed this project but there's a crash bug in it now. I think I have a good idea why but I was in the middle of another big project when the report came in so it'll be a day or two before I can resolve it.

Top Bottom