Help with hotseat playing.

Spectrah

Chieftain
So me and a friend play hotseat together because we both work nights and have to sit around for 9 hours. We both play pretty passively, never attacking basically. So what civs would you suggest? I personally prefer production, while he prefers research. Also, can you give us a basic strategy?

passively, you say? Elohim and Ljosalfar should both be good choices for you :)

there's a thread here called top ten tips, check it out for basic strategy. also the ffh2 manual is great stuff.

Production: Khazad, Luchuirp, Calabim, Infernal
Research: Lanun, Luchuirp, Svartalfar/Ljosalfar.

For Khazad, focus on gold early on so you can max out your vaults(500 gold/city). This gives you a 40% production bonus in all of them. Build mines everywhere. Luchuirp will want to place as many cities as they can, the use Blessing of Nanosuelta to dump all the golden hammers in a single city. Calabim focus on maxing out population, to get the +1 hammer from unhappiness. Infernal don't need food, so just spam mines/workshops everywhere.

For research, have Lanun grab all the coastal land they can and mass-produce Pirate Coves. Luchruip use a similar strategy to production, but will be using their Great Engineers to build research-heavy wonders. Svartalfar and Ljosalfar build cottages everywhere, and switch to Fellowship of Leaves to get Ancient Forests on your cottages.

Ok, so Khazad are pro gold, got it. Also, how do I get infernal? I can't pick it on the list. :S

You can't start as the Infernal.
You have to reserch that tech that enables AV and than they will spawn.
Than you get the option to switch to them.

Edit: Dam this guy is fast.

How far do I have to go to get this? Khazad sounds like my kind of people so I'm going to try them. Any extra tips for them any of you guys have laying around? Also thanks for helping me.

Some aspects of the game are determined by the religion you play. This is particularly true of production and research. There is nothing stopping the elves from following the usual dwarven religion (Runes of Kilmorph) for big production and gold. There is nothing to stop the dwarves from following the Octopus Overlords for a research and culture bonus.

To start, go to Top Ten tips for your favorite civs. Most of the civs have been talked about in there, if there is one that hasn't, post a request and someone will write up a bit for it. Once you've read that, if you have any specific questions, please ask them and we'll try to help you. However, most of us will just direct you to this thread as a starting point.

-Colin

Top Bottom