Help with Jaquar Warrior Rush

budweiser

King of the Beers
Hi all. I’m looking for tips on the early Jag rush; Aztec Jaguar Warriors. This is in support of another attempt by me to play a game in which absolutely no money gets spent for anything, ever. No unit support, no giving money for techs, no paying for city improvements. I beat this on a small pangea regent map using the Inca and now I want to move up to a standard Monarch pangea using the Aztecs.

So, what can you tell me about opening moves for a Jaguar rush? Do you just use Jags? How many? You can build archers from the beginning, so do you use some of each or do you favor the Jag or favor the archer? Do you scout with regular warriors of Jags?

thanks

Well, I have only done the Jag rush a few times, so I'm probably not the right one to answer this. However, since no one else did, here are my 1.5 cents.

I only use a Jag rush for a luck victory on a tiny map. The idea has been to see how quickly I can win. It requires AIs that are close to your start, and a bit of luck in battle. The only advantage to the Jags is their speed. Thus, I don't build any archers at all. Instead, I build nothing but Jags, stack them up, and run. Depending on the level, some fraction of the time one can win in about 15 minutes this way. If it takes much longer, I start over. It's really not very interesting - just a way to say you won exceptionally quickly...

The typical HOF Aztecs Tiny Conquest it to get a start location with two 2 shield tiles. you join the Worker to the city and start on a Jag. In PTW jags are 10shields, so you pump a jag out every two turns. Find the AI capitols and attack. You can often auto-raze one AI capitol by attacking before they have had a cultural expansion. The new scheme seems to be using the Inca. The Aztecs could get a 3700bc win. The Inca can get a 3750bc win.

Top Bottom